PDA

View Full Version : Opinions on the Black Widow Sting

Paralipsis
10-25-2010, 01:24 AM
My laptop is about to die so I have to make this quick. Anyone have an opinion on the black widow sting?

Big Dog
10-31-2010, 08:55 PM
Several people in my league use them and have good results. Most of them are the higher rev players. It seems to have a really smooth back end and drive. It finished very strong through the pin deck. Most of the guys using it average in the 190s. Hope this helps.

SRG SK9
11-06-2010, 02:40 PM
I threw the Sting and after 6 months of throwing it, I promised myself I would never throw another Hammer again. I didn't like it at all. After every game, I watched my line shrink further and further into the middle of the boards until I couldn't get any roll out of it. I baked it, sanded it to 1k grit, redrilled it to a powerful set up and couldn't squeeze any movement out of it. The guy who works at the pro shop and my high school coach, as well as a certified coach at the alley couldn't figure out why the ball would not move. Maybe I got a dud, but my ball just would not move. I replaced it with a Rogue Cell and loved it to death. I wouldn't reccommend it to anyone.

Beech
11-14-2010, 01:54 PM
i have a black widow sting and opposite to what SRG said i love the ball, its gets down lane and finishes hard in the backend, i had a normal pin up drilling on it to begin with but got it re drilled with the PBA Rico drilling, oh and do i love it i had to polish it becasue it was so aggresive, but now my major leauge on thursdays are using more oil i have to sand it again. all and all good ball, more backend hook than my mutant cell with the rico drilling on it aswell.