PDA

View Full Version : Ebonite Will Not Allow The Use Of Coupons

johncongdon
11-03-2010, 08:42 AM
Customers wanting to purchase products online often look for coupon or promotion codes to save money. When they find one and it does not work, they get frustrated and sometimes very irate.

Ebonite International's new policy of not allowing bowlingball.com to accept coupons for orders will cause these same feelings in customers. We want our customers to know that this is out of our hands at this moment in time. We are working to educate manufacturers on how their policies impact our customers.

We welcome any feedback that you may have.

Big Dog
11-03-2010, 09:19 AM
It seems that ebonite has enough business without catering to the consumer. Must be nice. Where can I create such a business? Sounds like government to me. You know, pay the price and no service. :mad:

johncongdon
11-05-2010, 08:37 AM
Exactly. We are trying to provide excellent service to our customers, and they are stepping in to change that. Sure we can raise our price by $10 so that we can offer you a $10 coupon, but what does that accomplish? At that point, we should raise it $25 and give you a $25 coupon. WOW, look at all that money you're saving *sarcasm*.

Big Dog
11-08-2010, 11:45 PM
I understand what you are saying. In my business it is the same. Why go into all those backflips. Good product,good price, good service. The only way I know anyway. My company has been open since 1936. I guess we havent learned yet.

ffemtreed
11-10-2010, 04:29 PM
I think this policy is in place to make everyone follow the same rules for selling their product. They are protecting their distributors so the local guys can afford to have ebonite balls in their pro shops.

This might hurt some people who like to buy balls online for wholesale costs but this help a tremendous amount of people who like to buy in the proshops at the local bowling alley.

jimgilmore
11-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Two questions. Whom makes coupons ? And why would ebonite accept any coupon unless they were the people that made the coupon ?

The Bowler
01-04-2011, 12:15 PM
Ebonite instituted a policy that keeps companies from selling product below a certain price. They did this to help pro shops keep sales versus people going to the internet and buying the ball at a way lower price. Instead it is actually pushing more people to other brands like Storm, Brunswick, Motiv, and 900 Global. Why would someone pay $150 for an undrilled taboo when they can get a ball from another manufacturer that is just as good if not better for between $120-130? It just doesn't make sense.

The Mayor
01-04-2011, 02:11 PM
Because $229.99 for a Taboo in a pro shop is really passing the savings onto the customers....

A Theory for $189.99 drilled or an overpriced ball with a 5 year old core? That's easy.