PDA

View Full Version : hammer widow venom help please

tylersheehy
11-04-2010, 09:36 PM
http://i694.photobucket.com/albums/vv309/sheehy_2009/2010-11-04195907.jpg

this is my drilling setup and its not hooking for me or anyone else that throws it, not even my coach. it will spin at the speed of light and not move an inch, it will spin slower than a snail and not move an inch either. anyone got any ideas why, suggestions, or help

bowl1820
11-06-2010, 10:00 PM
For me that layout would give me a strong arc, not the big snap backend. Which gives me more control, it looks shiny I'd give it some surface texture no polish. Try around 2000 abralon

The Venom has some length, so needs to see some dryer boards, like when the lanes start breaking down.

tylersheehy
11-07-2010, 11:24 AM
For me that layout would give me a strong arc, not the big snap backend. Which gives me more control, it looks shiny I'd give it some surface texture no polish. Try around 2000 abralon

The Venom has some length, so needs to see some dryer boards, like when the lanes start breaking down.

i did the abrasion and i throw huggingthe right gutter and it backend hooks right in the pocket. thanks man. although im still looking for a ball that can have a HARD HARD backend hook in EXTREMELY heavy oil with about 215 reps and 14-17 mph. got any ball suggestions?
actually i do. i just picked up a used roto grip cell pearl with the pin drilled out. i cant tell u the exact measurements cuz i didnt take them, sorry but i hug the right gutter and it will brooklyn with about 200 revs on a typ. 40' house shot using 20 oil. i love it so much but its 15lb and i am DOG *** TIRED when i get done. im used to a 15. do u know any excercises to build wrist strength and balance for the end of my release. i an having to swing my body WAYYYY right to get 230 revs with a "noodle wrist" cuz the ball is so heavy