PDA

View Full Version : Spare ball ?

jimgilmore
11-05-2010, 08:55 PM
I'm considering getting a t-zone fot a spare ball but wondering if there is a way to have it drilled for little to no hook.
I'm using a slingshot for my strike ball and only throw 10#'s.

scoobydoo6906
11-05-2010, 10:31 PM
i don't use a spare ball at all and is bowl with a columbia 300 freeze and a brunswick c-system 4.5. the freeze is really close to the slingshot and i use it for ten pins. I just move one dot to the left on the approach (right handed) and throw it a little harder and with my palm at the pin. i hope that helps save the money and get an other ball besides a spare ball. the c-system 4.5 is a steal on bowlingball.com right now just saying lol

jimgilmore
11-06-2010, 12:20 AM
my slingshot tends to hook too much for consistant 10 pins every time

Stormed1
11-06-2010, 12:32 AM
Basically have your T-Zone drilled "straight up" (no imbalance) snf you should be fine

jimgilmore
11-08-2010, 09:54 AM
They did not have a t-zone in stock, so I got a columbia white dot.
It cam out real nice and Goes almost straight the whole wat. Being that I tend to lift on every shot there is a very slight hook over the last few feet. but only about 2 boards or so. seems very predictable. also worked ok as a first ball on the dry lanes because I rolled a etter score ising it first and the slingshot for any spare not on the extreem right side.

Punkrulz
11-14-2010, 04:59 PM
Glad it seems you have most of your 10 pin shots worked out. I personally recently switched over to a Hammer Black Widow clear ball... it's a fun ball to have, drilled to be straight and also the cover stock is meant to have as little friction as possible. I am still getting the hang with it, and really it's only good for the 10 pin shots... anything else and I typically use my hook ball. That being said, now that in our league there's no point in really "trying", I practice more spare shots on the right side with the black widow. Left side though I'm maybe 90% accurate with my hook ball and have that end pretty much worked out so I stick with that.