PDA

View Full Version : Wiping your ball?

SRG SK9
11-06-2010, 11:52 PM
I just bought a new ball (Storm Invasion, if you care) and I was wondering (since I'm new-er to the sport) how often do you hit your ball with the microfiber towel during a game? I usually hit it at least at the beginning of each frame to keep a good amount of oil off the ball. So, how often do you wipe your ball down?

J Anderson
11-07-2010, 08:04 AM
I just bought a new ball (Storm Invasion, if you care) and I was wondering (since I'm new-er to the sport) how often do you hit your ball with the microfiber towel during a game? I usually hit it at least at the beginning of each frame to keep a good amount of oil off the ball. So, how often do you wipe your ball down?

Every time I pick it up from the rack. I started doing this long before I had a reactive resin ball. My favorite shirts were getting permanent stains from the the way I held the ball while putting my fingers in.

scoobydoo6906
11-08-2010, 07:20 AM
every time i throw it. keeps the reaction the same and makes it easier to clean afterwards.

DoubleGbowler
11-15-2010, 09:13 PM
Every time it comes off the rack. Keeps the reaction the same, and extends the life of the ball. Still need to get it cleaned at a pro shop every once in awhile depending on how much you use it though.

cash
11-23-2010, 10:12 AM
I agree with the rest. EVERYTIME it comes off the rack. That includes 10th frame strings. I also prefer a microfiber cloth. Seems to pull more off.