PDA

View Full Version : Theory Review

jmartin27407
11-08-2010, 03:55 PM
Layout #1
40 x 4 1/2 x 40
no hole
box surface

I have been looking very forward to this ball. It really shows that the people in Utah really put some time and effort into this release. This layout is my asymmetrical benchmark layout that I like to use on my first ball out of my bag. I tested this on the 39 foot Middle Road pattern from Kegel.

I noticed immediately how much stronger this ball is than anything I have thrown in the past. It is not as early rolling for me as the Mutant Cell, it is more of a very strong midlane movement. In comparison I was 6 and 3 farther left than my Mutant Cell and 5 and 2 farther left than my Mutant Cell Pearl, playing around 18 at the arrows and 7 and the end of the pattern. The thing that I like the best is how predictable the ball motion is.
The motion for me is similar to my benchmark Riot but MUCH stronger. As the lanes started to break down I was able to make 3 and 1's and my ball reaction just seemed to get better and better. I have not seen this from a ball that is this strong. I bowled league the same day starting with the Theory and continued to throw is the entire night. On the house shot this ball was a monster! It seemed like every time the ball was close to the 1-3 it struck. I put together games of 236,259,248. I did have to move a little more throughout the night than usual but it seemed every time I moved the ball just hit harder.

The Theory is quickly becoming my favorite ball since the original Cell. I didn't think I would find a ball as predictable as The Cell, but here it is. All types of players will be able to put this in their arsenal. A ball motion like this can be used on a HUGE variety of patterns. This ball is a must have!!

--------------------
Jimmy Martin
Roto-Grip Staff
Striking Advantage Pro Shop
Titusville FL