PDA

View Full Version : Nomad Dagger Review

jmartin27407
11-08-2010, 03:57 PM
Layout
50 x 3 1/2 x 30
P1 hole
box surface

This layout is my benchmark symmetrical layout. I have used this on a Nomad Solid and a Riot that I have had success with. I tested this ball on the 39 foot Middle Road pattern by Kegel.

Initially I noticed how much more angular this ball is than my Nomad Solid and Riot with the same layout. On the fresh I was able to play a little straighter due to the fact that I was able to get the ball to clear the fronts so easily. Starting around 13 at the arrows I was able to get ball to 7 at the the end of the pattern where the Dagger then made an extremely strong angular move. After bowling for about 20 minutes the ball started seeing the friction too early, my moves ended up being bigger than I would normally make. 5 and 3's seemed to be the best move to make due to the fact if I opened my angles to the friction I created the ball just went immediately left. I then compared this ball to the new Theory, on the fresh I was about 5 boards farther right at the arrows but was able to use the same exit point at the end of the pattern. The biggest difference was that I didn't have to move as fast with the Dagger, I could stay in one place for a longer period of time with out the ball seeing the friction too early. Comparing it to the Nomad solid I was just slightly right of it, but the entry angle was much sharper.

The Nomad Dagger is a great addition to already great Sword Line. If fits in between the Nomad Solid and Nomad Pearl nicely. This ball is a great choice for me when the lanes are transitioning and carry down is present.
--------------------
Jimmy Martin
Roto-Grip Staff
Striking Advantage Pro Shop
Titusville FL