PDA

View Full Version : Motiv Cruel C51 review

denlingers
11-10-2010, 12:13 AM
MOTIV CRUEL C51

Coverstock of the Cruel C51 features the hybrid Formula-5™ Reactive. It is designed to match up on medium to heavy oil.

The factory finish is 2000 wet sand. This finish will provide an aggressive reaction downlane with length and a very strong backend with continuation.

The Cruel core is the first asymmetric design from Motiv. The specs are maxed out. The Cruel C51 has an RG of 2.48 and a .060 diff and a .30 mass bias differential (15# ball).

My personal specs are: axis point 5 1/8, 3/4 up. 400 rev rate. 17-18 mph (depending on condition).

Drilled with a "conservative" layout due to max specs. I wanted something that would be usable on a wide variety of patterns and surfaces.

The Cruel breezed through the heads and gave a great mid-lane read. Even when I moved deeper into more oil the ball showed no wiggle from the additional units. Once it cleared the mid-lane, it made an aggressive but controlable move to the pins with all of the hitting power you have come to expect from Motiv products. I used my Cruel at three different centers with three different lane surfaces and had no trouble matching up and stringing strikes. Motiv has delivered well with the Cruel.

Go out and get MOTIVated before your competition does!

Scott Denlinger
PBA member, Eastern Region