PDA

View Full Version : New Ball Help

Thumprocky
11-26-2010, 12:56 AM
I've been bowling for about a year now, and regularly average around 120 per game. I use a wrist guard and hae been using the entry level Ebonite Tornado, and recently came to love its reaction; but my problem is its terrible on heay oil. What would be a good ball to use, come the time for a heavy amount of oil. I was thinking about buying the storm virtual gravity.

The Mayor
11-26-2010, 12:07 PM
The VG is a great choice. The new Theory will be the biggest ball of the next year, without question. This ball is super aggressive and is a real winner. Some other great options are the Storm Invasion, Lane #1 Time Bomb Black Fire, Motiv Cruel C51, 900 Global Bank and Brunswick Wicked Siege.

Dilly Elite Bowling
11-26-2010, 04:27 PM
The VG is a great choice. The new Theory will be the biggest ball of the next year, without question. This ball is super aggressive and is a real winner. Some other great options are the Storm Invasion, Lane #1 Time Bomb Black Fire, Motiv Cruel C51, 900 Global Bank and Brunswick Wicked Siege.

Those are all great options. I would also suggest the Elite Sabotage as an option as well. This ball has a smooth break to the pocket with a slower roll.

WAC4504
11-26-2010, 08:42 PM
I would suggest that you visit your pro shop, and get their opinion. The reason is, that although all the balls that are listed above are great oil balls, they may not be the ball for you. What I mean by that is that there are many variables that determine what ball will work, such as ball speed, rev rate, and hand position to name a few. By visiting the pro shop, you will be able to let them watch you bowl, to pick the ball that fits you. As for the Tornado, I understand what you're say as I owned one. There great for burned out lanes in league play or dry to light practice lanes, but once you get passed med. light oil it's over. But they are a great ball on the right lane conditions.

DanielMareina
12-02-2010, 01:00 PM
I agree that you should consult your pro shop. I will tell you, coming from a tornado, most of those balls suggested will be a giant step up. Most are asymetrical cores also. I would be more apt to suggest a Storm Prodigy or a Storm Reign of Fire to you before most the rest. Symetrical cores are a little more predictable, and they will be less of an adjustment, but still plenty of ball. I have used my Storm prodigy on the PBA Shark, Scorpion, and Chamellion patterns. It has plenty of power and an aggressive coverstock also. Definately have your pro shop person watch you bowl prior to suggesting a ball. This will make sure they don't just tell you what they want to sell the most of. Good luck!