PDA

View Full Version : Anarchy review by Storm staff member Tom Hess

Tom Hess
11-29-2010, 10:56 PM
I have drilled two Anarchy's. I drilled the first one to compliment my Invasion and Virtual Gravity. To allow me to stay in the same part of the lane when the Virtual and/or Invasion start to read the lane to early as these are the balls I start with on longer/heavier patterns. This Anarchy was drilled with the pin 1" above the center of my grip with the PSA at 45 deg. This makes the pin 5 1/2" from PAP with about a 3 1/2" PSA to PAP. I didn't have to put a weight hole in this ball as the cg was slightly left of the line from pin to mass bias. This is drilled almost exactly like the VG, the only difference is the VG has a small hole down.

I got just what I was looking for. The pearl cover on the Anarchy allows me to make the switch from the VG or Invasion as they start to hook to soon. The Anarchy is much cleaner through the front of the lane. For me total hook of these balls is pretty close, but the shape is different as the Anarchy sees the friction faster making it more angular.

The second Anarchy is drilled exactly like my Virtual Energy. The pin is above my bridge with the PSA slightly to the right of my thumb hole. The VE has been one of the most versatile balls for me. I was hoping to get the same ball motion only with more hook. The Anarchy was real close. It reads the lane a little earlier than my VE, but is stronger down lane as well. I used the Anarchy on the ToC pattern and it hooked about 3' earlier and around 4 boards more than the VE.
--------------------
Tom Hess
Storm Regional Staff
Vise Staff
Etonic Staff