PDA

View Full Version : Reign Supreme review by Storm staff member Tom Hess

Tom Hess
11-29-2010, 11:46 PM
I was very excited to drill the Reign Supreme as the Hy-Road is one of my all-time favorite bowling balls and the Reign Supreme has the same hy-brid cover. I drilled my first Reign Supreme with the favorite drill from my Hy-Road. It has a 4 1/2" pin to pap with the pin placed right below my ring finger. The cg is 65 deg from my pap with a small hole on the val. With the OOB finish this ball was just to angular for me. I was looking to get a similar, but stronger, reaction to my Hy-Road. I decided to hit the shell with a 2000 abralon lightly by hand (which I do every time I use it). This made the ball not quite as angular. The Reign Supreme is stronger than the Hy-Road for me. It reads the midlane earlier, has more total hook and hits the pins harder. It is almost to strong for me as I have left allot of solid 9's with it the last couple of weeks in league.

I decided to drill a second Reign Supreme with the pin above my ring finger. This is a 5" pin to pap for me. The cg is 1" left of my grip center line. This is a ball that I like to move left and use to "open up" the lane. It fits right in between my Prodigy and Reign both with similar layouts.
--------------------
Tom Hess
Storm Regional Staff
Vise Staff
Etonic Staff