PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Medium-Heavy Ball

HerNewTool
11-30-2010, 06:23 PM
Stats:
Lefty - Tweener
Rev rate: 260rpm - 270rpm
Speed: 13mph average from foul line to head pin (around 14mph off hand)
Tilt: around 10°-15°
Rotation: 55°-65°

I have a Brunswick Quantum ProActive for my Dry-Medium lanes....

I'm looking for a heavy-medium ball, thinking about a Black Widow Sting or a Brunswick Wicked Siege.

I'm looking for a ball to cut through the oil and really kick in the back end.

I'm thinking a Skid/Flip Drill on those 2 balls.....any suggestions?

The Mayor
12-01-2010, 07:38 AM
The Wicked Siege would be a good choice. The Storm Prodigy would be perfect, in my opinion. The Sting wouldn't be a very good choice as most of it's hook will come in the midlane. Another great choice would be the Lane #1 Curve. Light load particle pearl will get down the lane, but make a very strong, controllable move on the backend.

HerNewTool
12-01-2010, 02:05 PM
I was also looking at maybe a Brunswick C system 4.5, Ebonite Vital Sign, and a Seismic Blackout

So between those 3 and the Wicked Siege....what's your opinion of the best one for me

HerNewTool
12-01-2010, 02:46 PM
i'm kinda drawn tword the Ebonite Vital Sign

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3ma69pmLRQ

That first layout they show is almost exactly how my Quantum is drilled....and the line he takes is the exact line i take....curious if the vital sign would cut through the oil more

HerNewTool
12-01-2010, 02:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtJcyUCktUY

That day the oil was fresh....and threw like i normally would and came straight through the 2 pin

This is about the lane condition i need a heavier ball for...it's a fresh house pattern

Normally i'm playing on broken down lanes, because they freshin it up before the 6p woman's league....and we gets the raped lanes at 9p....but this year the woman's league has dropped in size, so about every other week i'm bowling on fresh oil....

The Mayor
12-02-2010, 10:35 AM
I would definitely say the Wicked Siege out of the ones you mentioned. Also, have you ever worked with a coach?

Richard McCusker
12-05-2010, 01:46 AM
HerNewTool—
Given your choices, my recommendation would be the Vital Sign. This is a very versatile ball, meaning you can have it drilled in a wide variety of patterns to match your desired reaction range and usual lane conditions. There is no one perfect ball, and no doubt there are other balls equal to the Vital Sign. But I am really, really happy with mine and not familiar with any others. After evaluating my style and abilities, my certified pro recommended either the Vital Sign or the Prodigy. Neither one gets much press, nor are they on the "hot list". You'll probably be happy with either one, but I'd first talk to a pro who has your best interests in mind and recommend a ball you haven't considered. In my case, the Vital Sign is practically teaching me how to be a better bowler. It's taken me from a 146 avg up to a 187 in short order. In choosing between the two, I picked what I thought to be the better looking one (hey, I'm just a guy). Maybe I just got lucky, but as I said . . . I'm really quite pleased. Good Luck!