PDA

View Full Version : New ball high school student

doctadunk
12-03-2010, 09:42 PM
hey guys im a senior high school bowler who averages a little over a 200. I use a columbia freeze at the moment. My style is medium revs with a smooth backend at about 15.5 miles an hour. lately my ball has lost some of the backend and smooth curve. Im wondering what ball to get to suit my style. I bowl second arrow and i dont have a violent backend. it's more of a gradual curve into the pocket. any advice would be welcome.

Stormed1
12-04-2010, 12:21 AM
One of the balls to consider would be a Storm 2Furious strong but not too violent. Also Roto Grip Dark Star. A Little stronger piece still at a good price point would be the Storm Tropical Heat Hybrid

bowl1820
12-04-2010, 09:52 AM
If you haven't had it done, you might have the ball surface redone. To get the texture back on it.

doctadunk
12-04-2010, 12:31 PM
thanks for the advice guys...i dont think resurfacing it would help because its a medium to dry oil ball and it works really well on those conditions but im looking for a heavy oil ball....what do you guys think of the storm prodigy?

The Mayor
12-06-2010, 10:48 AM
The Prodigy is the most versatile ball on the market, in my opinion. It's always the first choice I tell people for heavier conditions.

Crazyball314
12-10-2010, 01:15 PM
If you like your freeze you might want to check out Columbia's new ball the Outburst. Rolls really smooth and is for heavier oil.