PDA

View Full Version : Help with new ball. Roughly same performance...

Paralipsis
12-10-2010, 10:20 AM
Currently throwing a Brunsiwck Rattler, Viz-a-Ball, and a Hammer No Mercy. I'm looking to add another ball to my arsenal with roughly the same performance as the No Mercy. Preferably a little less aggressive. Not much, but a little. I prefer balls that are angular on the backend.

Style: Tweener
Revs: Mid-High
Ball Speed: 14-16 mph

Lane Conditions

Practice = med-heavy oil, THS (roughly 36-40 feet in length)
League = 50/50 (half the lanes are dry as hell, the others are med-heavy oil from the night before)

What would you guys recommend? I'm slowly turning towards Hammer. Any recommendations?

Current ideas:

*Hammer Black Widows Sting*
*Lane #1 Big Curve*
Brunswick Diamondback
Brunswick Revolver

The ones with asterisk's beside them are my two main choices.

bowl1820
12-10-2010, 12:45 PM
Looking at the BTM specs The BW Sting is the most similar to the No Mercy. You might would have to change the surface to make it a little tamer (4000 Abralon like the no mercy)

Another to take look at is the Hammer Swagga Its has similar specs too.

http://b.imagehost.org/0120/comp01.gif

Paralipsis
12-10-2010, 03:40 PM
Now, lets throw in the fact that the No Mercy is almost to aggressive for me. What would be just a little less wild as it is, without having to mess with the surface?

bowl1820
12-10-2010, 06:54 PM
I'm sure other will have different opinion.

The Brunswick Diamondback in your list would be less than the others.

Also look at the Rotogrip Nomad
It has a 49 total hook, 16.5 backend and a 14 on the length

Might take a look a Rotogrip Nomad Dagger also
It has a 48 total hook, 15.5 backend and a 14.5 on the length

The hook is less with alittle more length and little less backend. Plus they have a symmetrical core which would make it a little more controllable.

Paralipsis
12-12-2010, 01:37 PM
I've always been a fan of the lengthy, angular backend bowling balls. That's one of the reason I love the No Mercy. Damn thing'll snap back regardless of how much oil is on the lane.

Considering the fact that I'm trying to slowly turn towards hammer (considering I'm to the point that I almost hate my Rattler), I'm probably going to get the Black Widow Sting. Probably sand it down to 4000 Abralon like you said, and then if it still gets into it's roll a little to early, I'll probably put a nice little polish on it.

Now, before this discussion ends, does hammer have anything that's on the same grade as the Slingshot? I'm planning on getting a Slingshot and a Black Widow Sting unless hammer has something along the lines of the Slingshot.

crzysnake137
12-12-2010, 09:42 PM
Now, before this discussion ends, does hammer have anything that's on the same grade as the Slingshot? I'm planning on getting a Slingshot and a Black Widow Sting unless hammer has something along the lines of the Slingshot.

Hammer Backlash