PDA

View Full Version : Bowling style

volodenon
12-14-2010, 11:36 PM
hey all,

being new to this site i thought i would post a video of me bowling and get some advice constructive please, but i really dont care

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HmsQhMdJmTk

J Anderson
12-15-2010, 11:56 AM
I looked at the other two bowling videos you ave on youtube as well. The really bad misses seem to happen when you stick at the line. Hard to tell from this whether you hit a sticky spot on the approach or stepped in something off the approach between frames. Not much you can do about the approach but some sort of shoe cover is a must for going to the snack bar or restroom.
The only other thing is that it seems to take a while before you throw the ball far enough to the right to keep it in the 1-3 pocket. I don't know if this is a trust issue, i.e. I can't throw it there - it'll go in the gutter, or that it takes a while for you to figure out your line.

DanielMareina
12-15-2010, 12:29 PM
You definately have a very good base to work with. You get a little bit loose in the arm at the top of the your backswing. Half the shots look pretty good, but when your arm loosens a bit at the top of the backswing is when you tug it most the time. This is because it throws your timing off, and your foot gets to the line before the ball does. I do agree with the last post too. Your shoes don't slide consistantly for some reason. It could be you, the shoes, or the approaches. The other thing you might work on is keeping your arm close to your body. It gets away from you on occasion. When you move farther left, and have to throw the ball outside, try keeping your shoulders aimed at your target instead of down the lane. You really do throw the ball pretty well! Keep up the good work, and you will improve soon enough.

volodenon
12-16-2010, 10:29 AM
thanks for the info hopefully ill be bowling next week when i get home from collage, i only get to bowl about once every few months since going to collage year before lasts. My shoes are what have been throwing me off the past few years, there old and worn out and i definitely need new ones, but collage sucks all my money so its whenever i can get them. i will try those suggestions and post another video in a few weeks

volodenon
06-03-2011, 09:14 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbNkpPb59lE here's with my new Dexter SST-5, great shoes that really help my game

Etrain
05-07-2012, 11:00 AM
What ball are u using?

dgz924s
05-07-2012, 11:26 AM
What ball are u using?

Last post was 6/2011 so don't be alarmed if you do not get the answer.