PDA

View Full Version : Resurfacing Storm Invasion

Dutchie
12-15-2010, 03:24 AM
Hello everybody.

I have a question. I have to resurface a Storm Invasion with a ball spinner. The first time i sanded he ball to 500 grit abralon and after that directly a finish to 4000 gritt. After bowling it turned to be out a bad resurfacing because the ball was burning up in the midlane. After that i sanded it to 1000 grit abralon with Storm step 2 compound but with that surface the ball was skidding to long.

Is there somebody who can give me some advice how to resurface the Storm Invasion ?

(maybe my English is not very well, but i am dutch :) )

I hope someone can help me !

bowl1820
12-15-2010, 09:01 AM
The OOB (Out of Box) finish for the Storm Invasion is 4000 Abralon. Which they show as for heavy oil.

Heres a link to storm that shows how to put a ball back to OOB.Look under Resurface to The Original FACTORY finish USING A ball spinner part.
click for maintenance_poster.pdf (www.stormbowling.com/docs/maintenance_poster.pdf)

Here's what it say's for a 4000 finish.
4000-grit Abralon™ Factory Finish
Step 1. 500-grit Abralon™ pad – Sand for 15 seconds on all four sides.
Step 2. 4000-grit Abralon™ pad – Sand for 60 seconds on all four sides.
StormŽ suggests repeating step 2 from above every 20 to 30 games and both steps
every 60 to 80 games.

Now you said you did that and it was too strong and burned up and polished it went too long.

here's a couple of thing you can try.
1.try the above 4000-grit Abralon™ Factory Finish steps again then add some polish to tone that down.

2.Or you could add the intermediate steps to the sanding process (go 500/1000/2000/4000 and no polish) this will give you a smoother surface than jumping from 500 straight to 4000. But not like a polished surface, if this goes too long. then drop down to 2000 and see how it does.

DanielMareina
12-15-2010, 01:11 PM
The best thing to try, is to sand from 500 grit, then to 2000 grit, and to 4000 grit. If that still doesn't calm it down enough for you, then you can try adding a hand polishing with Storm Xtra Shine. That will get it longer down the lane without robbing the backend reaction. You can use the ball spinner for the polish if you need it to have even more shine, but the hand shining does a good job at telling you whether that is the right path to take.