PDA

View Full Version : Recon RX1 Silver Pearl

Superman
12-15-2010, 05:10 PM
I recently drilled MOTIV's new RECON RX1 Pearl with a 45x5 3/4x45 layout. This places the pin above my middle finger about 1/2 inch. Reaction wise, the ball glides through the heads and doesn't begin to read until it reaches the backends. Once the ball reaches the break point the move is very slow arcing and continuous versus being angular like the original RECON that I have with the same layout. The pearl provides more length and is smoother off the break point allowing me to control the pocket that much more on dryer conditions. When I took the ball to the lanes on a fresh PBA Cheetah pattern, I played across the 4 board at the arrows and used 2 as my break point with the pearl. The solid allowed me to be further left. With the original RECON I play 8 at the arrows and use 4 as the break point. So the Pearl is about 4 boards weaker than the original for me. This ball is a must have for bowlers looking for a smoother reaction ball to dry surfaces without creating a flippy-type reaction.

David Schroeder
MOTIV Staff
Turbo Staff