PDA

View Full Version : Nomad Dagger

cmsubowler
12-20-2010, 12:05 AM
Welcome back for the Nomad Dagger review. Thank you to all for your feedback and Thank You Roto Grip for another hit.

Please view the video here ..... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hawkyBbYIqM

Those of you who view the video thank you but please allow me to mention, I was not throwing the ball particularly well on this day as I was recovering from the flu at the time. You almost wouldn't know it though because this ball is great. Using one of my favorite drilling patterns 60 x 4.5 x 65 this ball makes it easy to succeed. I compared this ball with the original Nomad Pearl(a personal favorite of mine). The hybrid solid/pearl coverstock used for the Dagger allowed me to open the lane up just that little bit more which is needed on some heavier oil conditions. This ball matches up best when the pearl is too long and the solid is too smooth around the corner to create enough entry angle. While the hybrids are supposed to give the best of both worlds and sometimes fall short, this one is definately a success. I usually change surfaces quite a bit prior to a review but with this ball I really didn't have to. Medium to high gloss were the only changes I made as I had no reason to try it dull. This is truly a benchmark ball which I can use on drier conditions moving further in or heavier oil conditions moving further outside towards the drier boards. Excellent ball on sport shots to help smooth out the back part of the lanes. This rotary core is awesome and this will be a great ball for a long time.