PDA

View Full Version : Simlar Balls by Storm

Paralipsis
12-25-2010, 08:35 PM
I'm looking for balls by Storm that're similar to the following:

Hammer No Mercy
Brunswick Rattler
Brunswick Viz-A-Ball

I will buying them in 14lb weights as 15lbs is still a little to heavy for me at the moment even though the No Mercy is 15lbs. I'm switching to Storm as I'm wanting all of my equipment to be Storm. I'm kind of picky about things like that, not to mention, the three balls I'm rolling at the moment are falling apart. The No Mercy is my oldest ball (age wise, not time I've been using it), and the rattler is losing it's hook. The viz-a-ball has become dinner for the GX ball returns one to many times. So it's time to swap them out. Recommendations? The No Mercy and Rattler replacements will be drilled with the pin above and to the right of the ring finger.

Beech
12-31-2010, 02:55 AM
suggestions in my oppinion.

from reading your other post:
strong ball: Storm Anarcy - good core, good cover stock and is polished so it should get down the lane.
mid piece: 2 fast - good polished ball gets down the lane good and makes a move.
spare ball: viz a ball i use one with tips and a slug and can make it hook from 5 board(right) to the 7 pin

if bowling on oiled pairs:
strong ball: Storm Prodigy - LOVE it i own it and personaly love it but if your looking for a really strong piece go with the Hammer Taboo
mid piece: 2fast/2furious - my friend owns them and loves them or even the Storm Anarcy would be a good complement to the prodigy
spare ball: Vizaball.

J Anderson
01-01-2011, 07:49 PM
For spares any of the Storm Ice balls should work.

The Mayor
01-03-2011, 07:46 AM
Hey David,

Probably the closest thing in Storm's line to the No Mercy would be the Anarchy, like Tyler said. However, the Roto Grip Theory (Also a Storm company) with a high coat of Storm Xtra Shine would be the most similar to the No Mercy. This ball is insane.

As for the Rattler, I think the Tropical Heat Black/Silver Hybrid would be the closest. The hybrid will give it more of that Brunswick even reaction.

And really any plastic ball from Storm will work great as a spare ball. Ice Storms, Team Storm or Mainframe.

Paralipsis
01-04-2011, 12:23 AM
Currently in my shopping cart on bowlingball.com:

Storm Invasion to replace my No Mercy
Storm 2Fast to replace my Rattler
Storm Mainframe to replace my Viz-A-Ball

That's with recommendations from the bb.com staff.

There's two main reasons why I'm switching to storm products.

1) If I switch to storm, everything except my shoes will be storm based.
2) My rattler and viz-a-ball are drilled for full finger. To lazy to wait for two weeks to get them plugged and redrilled for fingertip grip.

Plus, storm is badass. :D

The Mayor
01-04-2011, 08:21 AM
That looks like a nice arsenal. You're definitely off to a good start. Possibly in the future a Reign Supreme to go between the Invasion and 2 Fast and a Tropical Heat between the 2 Fast and Mainframe. Bowl up a Storm!

Paralipsis
01-05-2011, 02:22 PM
And surprisingly, it doesn't break the bank. The invasion of course is the most expensive, but in total, it's like 250 bucks. :D