PDA

View Full Version : Bank Pearl

velcroman
12-30-2010, 09:47 PM
First off, I am not a 900 Global staff member but I do work in a pro shop, so I have tried out many different balls and would say that this one stands out amoungst the best.
The "Bank Pearl" from 900 Global is one awesome bowling ball. Previous to this ball, I have not had much luck with pearl surfaced bowling balls, usually too skid/flippy for me.
Drilled mine up using a dual angle lay out: 55 X 3 3/4" X 5
PAP: (RHD) 5 1/8 X 7/8 up. This put the pin slightly up and to the right of my ring finger.
Mass Bias was kicked out about 2 1/2" to the right of the thumb hole.
Extra hole in the P3 position.
Left it in OOB finish.
Had a chance to throw mine this week on "well used" AMF synthetic lanes. I normally play a down and in shot at this house, so that is where I started. The ball reaction I got was very smooth through the heads and a strong move to the pocket. I would not characterize this ball as skid/flippy at all. Normally, the down in shot here only holds up for a game and then you are either moving or changing equipment. I stayed on this line for the first two games, going 267 and 236. The third game I moved 6 boards left and played an inside/out shot (just to see the ball reaction) and was amazed on how the "Bank Pearl" roared back to the pocket, ended up shooting a 237 for a 740 series.
What impressed me most was how consistant this ball reacted shot after shot and how hard this ball hit the pocket for a "Perfect Pocket Strike"!
I have the original "Bank" and the "Bank Pearl" is a great compliment to it! I am back to using pearl again!

Thank you 900 Global!

John VanDrie
Perfect Pocket Strike Pro Shop
2828 W. Thunderbird
Phoenix, Az.

mikejones
12-31-2010, 02:56 PM
I would have to agree that this ball looks very good. Look for the test video coming soon from Bowlingball.com!!