PDA

View Full Version : Storm Reign Questions

Fresh
01-07-2011, 03:13 PM
I just bought a Storm Reign and was wondering if I have made a huge mistake on my weight and layout. Ok I purchased it as a 12 pound and had it drilled with Storms advanced layout #3 from their site which gives it the most aggressive hook. I heard that the ball being only 12 pounds is not going to perform well for me, does anyone have some insite on this?

bowl1820
01-07-2011, 04:27 PM
There's basically no way anyone could tell you if that's a mistake. With out seeing you bowl, or at least know how you bowl, what weight you used before etc.

If you bought and had the ball drilled all ready, try it out and see how it works for you. Don't doubt it until you've tried it and seen how it works for you.

Fresh
01-07-2011, 05:38 PM
Ok thanks I was thinking the same thing because I have used 12 pound balls before and it was great and was averaging 175-200 a game I figured it was maybe a "I have a heavier ball than you whimp" kind of thing. Anyways thanks for the input I will find out today once I pick it up from the pro shop

The Mayor
01-10-2011, 11:00 AM
When a ball is designed the core is designed for 14-16 pounds in most cases. This is the case with the Reign as well. In 12 pounds the ball will have a generic core, not the advertised core. This isn't to say that you won't bowl well and that the ball won't work for you, it's just not going to be the reaction that was intended for the ball. Obviously 12 pounds isn't going to have the force at impact with the pins that a 14 pound ball will. But it's all about what's comfortable and successful for you.

Fresh
01-10-2011, 02:01 PM
I bowled this weekend with the ball and got 156 189 176. I am happy with it I think I have to get use to the ball a little more but, I am wondering what core does it have then because it was reacting exactly as advertised.