PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from the Michigan, too.

kakcpa
09-17-2008, 02:19 PM
I love everything there is about bowling. I've been bowling all my life. This young season, I'm averaging 221 after 12 games. My high is 300 x 5 and high series is 833. Currently, my equipment consists of Storm Domination, Storm Charge, Storm Secret Agent (do you think I like storm?), and a White Dot for spares. I'm a lefty, too, so God has been good to me. I bowl at a place called Country Lanes in Farmington Hills, MI. They still have wood lanes there. I would like to get back into bowling tournaments, however, I bowl the Detroit Masters each January....finished 8th place a few years ago...had a poor showing last year. Take care all!

The KingPin
09-17-2008, 09:27 PM
I love everything there is about bowling. I've been bowling all my life. This young season, I'm averaging 221 after 12 games. My high is 300 x 5 and high series is 833. Currently, my equipment consists of Storm Domination, Storm Charge, Storm Secret Agent (do you think I like storm?), and a White Dot for spares. I'm a lefty, too, so God has been good to me. I bowl at a place called Country Lanes in Farmington Hills, MI. They still have wood lanes there. I would like to get back into bowling tournaments, however, I bowl the Detroit Masters each January....finished 8th place a few years ago...had a poor showing last year. Take care all!

Hello it is an honor to have you here. You have some great stats. Please tell a friend about us

Baroncad
09-22-2008, 10:28 AM
Happy to have you with us.

Now, if you could impart any great wisdom on how to roll a 300 or 800 series, that would be great.
But, leave out the "I was lucky or was in the zone". All of you (with a 300 or 800) know something the rest of us don't know, SO spill or spell it out for us. :D :D

Okay, soapbox taken away (rudely, I might add), sub-par Sunday league will leave it at that.

Ahh...Welcome to the boards.

kakcpa
09-22-2008, 01:09 PM
The key is being able to read the lane, know what kind of ball to use, and be able to hit your mark consistently and accurately, as well as making your adjustments along the way. Once you can do those things...it's actually pretty easy. Oh ya, you also can't let the crowd that gathers behind you cheering each shot in the 10th frame make you nervous either.

Baroncad
09-22-2008, 06:08 PM
The key is being able to read the lane, know what kind of ball to use, and be able to hit your mark consistently and accurately, as well as making your adjustments along the way. Once you can do those things...it's actually pretty easy. Oh ya, you also can't let the crowd that gathers behind you cheering each shot in the 10th frame make you nervous either.

People actually gather around you, most people run away from me :D
I watched a friend bowl a 299, wow talk about a rowdy crowd and yes I do believe it would make me a wee bit self-conscious.

The KingPin
09-28-2008, 02:38 AM

Where I live actually have wood lanes too. I like them, yet the oil gets sucked up it seems.

onefrombills
09-28-2008, 04:30 AM
welcome welcome welcome .....were so happy to have you here and if there is anything we can do to make it easy just ask !

kev3inp
09-28-2008, 09:42 AM
You guys have got to check out his site. www.mrbowling300.com Literally a one stop shop for viewing bowling vids.

kev3inp
11-04-2008, 12:35 PM
Here we go again. Anyone know what the point of this is? Maybe he's really Cartman.

The KingPin
11-09-2008, 11:19 PM
Cartman like south park? That is funny