PDA

View Full Version : Hooking a ball

liowkc
09-17-2008, 09:18 PM
Hooking a ball can be very impressive :)

What is the best way to master this techique?

Duke Harding
09-19-2008, 10:43 AM
The K.I.S.S. method...
Let the ball roll off your hand...Your hand should be under the ball, in a handshake position....NO TWISTING, NO TURNING, NO LIFTING.

The balls of today are very strong, let them do the work.
The key is: TIMING. Wait for your thumb to exit the ball, the weight of the ball will take your hand to a natural handshake position.

If you try to hook the ball, while your thumb is in the ball, you will have inconsistent results, i.e., one ball hooks, one ball doesn't.

Take your 1st step slow...If you step off to quickly, your ball will most likely be late in the swing, causing pulling, etc.

onefrombills
09-19-2008, 02:01 PM
The K.I.S.S. method...
Let the ball roll off your hand...Your hand should be under the ball, in a handshake position....NO TWISTING, NO TURNING, NO LIFTING.

The balls of today are very strong, let them do the work.
The key is: TIMING. Wait for your thumb to exit the ball, the weight of the ball will take your hand to a natural handshake position.

If you try to hook the ball, while your thumb is in the ball, you will have inconsistent results, i.e., one ball hooks, one ball doesn't.

Take your 1st step slow...If you step off to quickly, your ball will most likely be late in the swing, causing pulling, etc.

I try to KISS all the time but sometimes she slaps me back

Duke Harding
09-21-2008, 11:25 AM
I try to KISS all the time but sometimes she slaps me back

That can be a problem! :D

onefrombills
09-21-2008, 03:42 PM
That can be a problem! :D

Oh thats for sure ....that is what were talking bout here right :)