PDA

View Full Version : Anyone throw a Lunatic

WAC4504
01-17-2011, 10:00 PM
Just bought a new ball the 900 Global Lunatic, but haven't had a chance to throw it yet. Got on clearance from the pro shop to replace one of my older balls. I haven't been able to find much on it, of coarse being a year and a half old doesn't help any, but thought maybe some on the forum could give me some input. Thanks.

Stormed1
01-18-2011, 03:30 PM
I have had 2 so far. One drilled pin down and one pin up. Both were stronger than expected with easy length and strong back end motion. I traded the pin down as i was not needing it where i was bowling. The second one i am currently plugging and will be drilling Rico to try the layout out as i have not tried that drilling on anything yet

WAC4504
01-18-2011, 06:30 PM
Thanks Bill, I knew some one had to have thrown one. I'm looking to replace my Ultra Zone, and hoping the lunatic will fill the bill. The UZ is about 2 yr. old, and would need to be plugged and re drilled for the second time due to the fingers cracking/chipping, so I figured I might as well replace it now. Sure sad to give up the UZ though, it was like a security blanket, I knew that ball inside and out. But from what you said above it sounds like the Lunatic and I should become good friends. Thanks again for the input Bill.

WAC4504
01-18-2011, 11:17 PM
Hey Bill, I got a chance to throw the ball tonight. My son called as soon as I finished typing the last post and told me that they saved me a lane, so come on. By the way he works in the pro shop, so I have an inside line on what's happening. Any way, the ball is awesome, like you said easy length with a killer back end. The lanes were just oiled for the Tuesday Night Partiers so I had fresh oil to play with, and I loved it. Right out the box it was strike city. I played with it to see what it would do and like you had said, it's stronger than described by the manufacturer, that's for sure. Needles to say we became friends right off the bat/first strike.

Stormed1
01-20-2011, 04:42 AM
Glad to hear you like it. If you have any questions about any Global/AMF stuff feel free to ask as i have thrown about 90% of the releases over the last couple of years. I just drilled up a Bank Pearl and a Raw Profit last night