PDA

View Full Version : Elite bolwing balls

JasonRobinson
01-18-2011, 08:17 PM
I have been out of bowling for about 5 or 6 season. I am going to get back into it when the new season starts in the fall. I have typically been a cranker style bowler, but since I am getting (ahem) older, I was going to modify my approach. I have been looking at the elite bowling balls, mainly the sabotage and spider wasp. Can anyone give me some info on these balls and why don't I see the pros using them on TV?

bowl1820
01-18-2011, 10:20 PM
To me the Elite balls are over priced, you can get a ball just as good or better and cheaper from any of the other main companies. as for the Pro's I believe their not on the approved equipment list. So you won't see them using them.

Stormed1
01-20-2011, 04:47 AM
They did not renew their product registration with the PBA and as a result released their staff players. That is why during the summer series you saw Brian Voss and Robert Smith throwing Global/AMF

ffemtreed
01-20-2011, 09:43 AM
I have seen a few thrown on different occasions and to me they just didn't seem to have that hit/drive power that almost every other modern ball has today.

Of course it could be that the lanes in my area aren't suitable for them, but I never seen that problem with any other manufacturers balls.

JasonRobinson
01-20-2011, 03:23 PM
thanks everyone for the responses! i have done some research and have found some nterest in other balls

The Mayor
01-21-2011, 08:52 AM
Start with the Reign Supreme. Most versatile ball on the market! And yes, like everyone else said, Elite balls are overpriced old technology.