PDA

View Full Version : Have you ever had a bowling inury?

The KingPin
09-21-2008, 10:02 PM
So we all have done things in sports, yet what about bowling? Have you ever been hurt bowling? Or mainly just blisters?

onefrombills
09-21-2008, 10:10 PM
I have tendanidis (sp?) from "cupping" the ball

Duke Harding
09-21-2008, 10:51 PM
I was out of bowling due to shoulder (rotator cuff) problems, from 1981-1990.
I had a bicep tendon tear, and some minor shoulder tendinitis, which is healed.
Accupuncture was the answer. I went to couple of orthopedic surgeons,
who wanted to cut. My wife works for a surgical college, and recommended the accupuncture. It did the trick.

onefrombills
09-22-2008, 12:53 AM
got me beat duke

SWMOBowler88
10-02-2008, 01:18 AM
Just blisters myself, but a buddy i work with actually dislocated his elbow. He has a high back swing and a twirky hook on it with alot of rev. He moved down to a 15 lb ball for awhile.

PSBA10
10-02-2008, 06:07 AM
I don't know if this qualifies as a bowling injury, but in October 2006 I picked up my 3-ball bag to put it on my shoulder when I found myself on the floor. Somehow I destroyed my left shoulder and it required 2 surgeries over the next 8 months. I'm right handed. I only missed 6 weeks of league. I bowled so well with my left arm in a sling that others in the league wanted to rent my sling. Talk about a balance challenge. Try bowling with your opposite arm pinned to your side. I don't know how, but I remained competetive. Actually my average came up a few pins.

zman
10-02-2008, 05:48 PM
About 20 year back I had a ball that the grips were to tight, could sure turn that ball good.
But after a while my middle finger got pretty sore, developed a bone spur.
So I got bigger grips but the damage was already done. Bowling 3 or 4 nights a week it would get pretty sore. Now I only bowl one league per week and it's ok, just have a big knob on that joint.

The KingPin
10-07-2008, 11:56 PM
I was out of bowling due to shoulder (rotator cuff) problems, from 1981-1990.
I had a bicep tendon tear, and some minor shoulder tendinitis, which is healed.
Accupuncture was the answer. I went to couple of orthopedic surgeons,
who wanted to cut. My wife works for a surgical college, and recommended the accupuncture. It did the trick.

Wow you have been through alot Duke. Do you have any pain now?

comfortably numb
05-17-2011, 01:34 PM
I was bowling once with my (now) ex-wife and I pulled a butt-muscle and had to limp out of the bowling lanes and get in the car and go home, in the middle of a game...I hurt too much to finish...and how embarrassing too!!!

mhrinko
05-18-2011, 08:55 AM
My pant leg got caught on the bottom of my shoe...I wear baggy jeans, well needless to say I ended up on my ***, didnt get hurt, but was funny as all hell

Drano
05-18-2011, 08:28 PM
I once ruptured my bicep tendon, I was out of bowling for a week or so. It was way back when I wasn't using my thumb and was rather new to bowling, using a 15lb(probably then too heavy for me) ball. I just went up to throw it and heard a snap, and had pain in my bicep..

The Mayor
05-19-2011, 10:08 AM
I once ruptured my bicep tendon, I was out of bowling for a week or so. It was way back when I wasn't using my thumb and was rather new to bowling, using a 15lb(probably then too heavy for me) ball. I just went up to throw it and heard a snap, and had pain in my bicep..

Ouch. Doesn't sound fun.

kev3inp
05-22-2011, 03:54 PM
I've stuck at the line and rolled an ankle, tried too hard to go around the ball and popped my wrist, and severely strained my right butt muscle.

mikejones
06-07-2011, 02:43 PM
Worst injury so far has to be the tendinitis in the right elbow. Bowled left handed for a year to give it some rest. Other issues have to be the knees (not much slide and a lot of torque being high rev) and the lower back for the same reason. Have bowled through many injuries from other sports and that is never fun. And you just aren't a bowler unless you have drilled yourself in the ankle. Haha

Trex
07-16-2011, 04:32 AM
Was frustrated one night at my ball reaction, so I started lofting my 16lb ball out to the arrows and it worked!! I started getting strikes!! but after about the 6th strike, it felt like someone stabbed me in the back with a knife!! I could not bowl for the rest of the week, and still had to take it easy for about a month afterwards. I learned not to do that with a 16lb ball ever again. I don't know what I pulled in my back but it hurt really bad.