PDA

View Full Version : Storm Marvel review by staff member Tom Hess

Tom Hess
02-03-2011, 11:20 AM
The latest release in Storm's Master line is the Marvel. The Marvel is a solid version of the Prodigy. The Marvel uses the same core as the Prodigy with the R2X cover that was used on the Virtual Gravity.

The Marvel that I'm reviewing was drilled while I was competing in the PBA Tournament of Champions. I had a Prodigy that really came in to play around game 3 or 4 after the lanes had broken down. I drilled the Marvel exactly like the Prodigy hoping to be able to use it for the first couple of games and then switch to the Prodigy.

It is drilled with a 5" pin to pap distance with a 2 1/2" pin buffer. This puts the pin directly above my ring finger. The cg is 1" from my grip center line and required no hole.

I did get the reaction I was looking for. It hooked about 2' sooner and about 3 more boards for me and that was my intent. The ball motion was similar, a nice even arc, but the Marvel is stronger throughout the entire lane.

If you are a fan of the Prodigy and would like a ball that reads the midlane sooner with more total hook the Marvel is the ball for you.

Tom Hess
Storm Regional Staff
Vise Staff
Etonic Staff