PDA

View Full Version : Storm Marvel Review

jmartin27407
02-08-2011, 10:20 AM
Layout:
40 x 4 1/2 x 60
P2 hole
surface box

This is one of my favorite layouts for a benchmark ball. What really impressed me the most about this release was how smooth the ball responded from oil to dry. Normally on this layout I like to use a P3 or P4 hole but after I threw it without the weight hole I did not want to change the motion at all.

Testing this ball the Kegel Middle Road pattern I was able to play in the track area pretty well due to the smooth motion. I compared this ball to the new Victory Road and to the Roto Grip Theory. This ball fit in between the so well! The Theory was 3 and 2 left of the Marvel and the Victory Road was 3 and 3 right of it. This is going to be a excellent benchmark ball, probably one of the best I have had in a while.

I see this ball working for all players. If you are looking for a ball that will be the first ball out of your bag, the Marvel is definitively a ball to look into.

Jimmy Martin
Storm/Roto Grip Staff
Striking Advantage Pro Shop
Titusville FL

Mac2118
02-08-2011, 02:45 PM
I just got this ball drilled earlier today. All I can say is WOW. I wanted a ball for heavier oil patterns, and if I just wanted to play in and out in leagues. I used all Brunswick before this ball.

I'm not sure about the technicalities of how I have it drilled, but I have it drilled like the Dan Reade layout in the following youtube video (I throw more like Tony though.. and I'm left handed, so everything is flipped.):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ycF8FK7jdE

If this ball gets anywhere near the pocket, its devistating. I'm glad I invested in this ball. My first game out of the box was a 237. I'm not going to complain, I used my Twisted Fury beforehand bowling with my friend and had a 247, 266, and 215.

I honestly can't wait to get back out and throw this ball again.