PDA

View Full Version : Stephen Moehrle joins USBC Board of Directors

onefrombills
10-01-2008, 07:09 PM
By Mark Miller
USBC Communications

Stephen Moehrle, an associate professor of accounting at the University of Missouri-St. Louis, has been appointed to the United States Bowling Congress Board of Directors. He fills the two-year term left vacant by the resignation of Sherisa Nailor.

A bowling center employee during his youth, Moehrle has been in his current position for eight years. Prior to that, he served on the faculties at the University of Southern California and the University of California-Irvine. He also served as an associate instructor while completing the doctoral program at Indiana University. Before entering the academic profession, he was a member of the Ernst & Young audit staff and accounting policy officer at Citicorp Mortgage, Inc.

Moehrle received a Bachelor of Science degree in business administration from the University of Missouri-St. Louis, a master of business administration from St. Louis University and a master of accounting and a doctorate in business from Indiana.

"I am honored to have been chosen to serve on the USBC Board of Directors," Moehrle said. "I hope to make a difference on behalf of the sport that has been such a special part of my life."

Moehrle has previously served as an ambassador for the Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants "Lead and Enhance the Accounting Profession" initiative and as treasurer of the University of Missouri-St. Louis Alumni Association Executive Board since 2000. He was a member of the Missouri Society of Certified Public Accountants Board of Directors from 2004-06 and the Center for Teaching and Learning Advisory Board from 2005-07.

Moehrle bowled competitively for highly-regarded teams at Missouri-St. Louis and Indiana, the latter as a teammate of USBC Vice President-Media Pete Tredwell. He also won several scratch tournaments and was a long-time officer in the Junior Archway program in the St. Louis area. A 200+ average bowler in St. Louis area leagues, Moehrle owns four 300 games and an 809 high series.

Moehrle, wife Jennifer and their three children live in St. Louis.