PDA

View Full Version : New Ball - question about cleaning/polishing

realhawker
02-18-2011, 03:55 PM
Hi,

just got my first "real ball". I only play once a week, league play, no heavy patterns, etc...

I was wondering about what you suggest about what products to buy, etc.

I have a Nomad Dagger, and it has a hybrid coverstock.

I read the following link, but has separate tips for particle and reactive stocks.
http://www.rotogrip.com/products/balls/care/

Do you bring your ball to a pro-shop to be sanded/polished?

thanks

DanielMareina
02-21-2011, 12:19 PM
Excellent question. First, yes, you should always bring your ball to a pro shop to sand your ball. Unless you have a ball spinner at your house, you don't have the ability to make an even surface. As for polish, you can do that yourself if you don't mind doing a little hard rubbing. Use xtra shine to polish your bowling ball for yourself, but if you have it resurfaced, they will use Storm Step 2 polish, but it will take a ball spinner to get that to work correctly too.
To answer the other part of the question, Hybrid coverstocks are not particle. So particle cleaner is not what you want. I suggest using Storm Xtra clean for regular dirt and grime. Reacta Clean will work too, but it makes the coverstock tackier than usual. This may not be what you want. Reacta Shine can have a similiar reaction. Turbo Strike wipes are very good too. They will clean the ball very well, and not change the surface.

realhawker
02-25-2011, 01:52 PM
thank you Daniel- that is what I had my eye on already - I do not need the ball to grab any more than it already does. :)