PDA

View Full Version : Storm Marvel

cmsubowler
02-21-2011, 01:23 PM
Hello all, thanks for reading and as always, please feel free to ask questions and comment back. Today we are reviewing the new Storm Marvel. A great addition to the Storm family re-introducing the Virtual Gravity Coverstock on the same proven core that was a part of the engine for the Prodigy. What does this mean for you????? The power of the Virtual Gravity in a no quit early rolling continuous symmetrical core. This review is based on the video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oblg5iCDjpc

The layout we used was 55 x 4.25 x 45 which is also the layout we have in the Prodigy shown in the video as well. As you can see from the video the Marvel starts out with a great mid-lane roll in the heaviest oiled part of the lane. If you plan on a tighter line this ball reads the end of the pattern easily without skidding through the breakpoint. As you push the ball further outside you can see the ball is much smoother around the corner but its tendency to continue through the breakpoint and through the pins is second to none. This ball is 4 to 6 boards stronger down lane than the Prodigy. The Prodigy gets through the front part of the lane much straighter and also maintains a strong backend arc. My overall move (feet and target) is 5 and 2 to the left when taking out the Marvel allowing me to open up the lane pattern.

Even though the video is show on a THS, the best Sport Patterns for this ball for me is the Chameleon, Scorpion and Viper. This ball allows me to maintain my ball speed on those patterns and not have to tweak speeds too much. I prefer throwing the ball harder and this ball allows me to do so. A great addition to my arsenal and it will be for you as well.