PDA

View Full Version : INFINITE THEORY - Review

John Brodersen
02-24-2011, 01:14 PM
Ball specs – 15 lbs 2 oz, 3.26 top weight, 2-¼ inch pin.

I really liked the motion of my Theory (please visit my review for specifics) so I decided to drill the Infinite Theory with a similar layout but looking for a little more length from the layout and the hybrid cover stock. The Infinite Theory was drilled using the dual angle method with the layout being a 4 ½ inch pin, 60-degree drill angle (larger than my Theory) and a 70-degree VAL angle. An x-hole was not needed due to the CG being left of a line drawn from the pin to the factory marked PSA (RG). Using Storm’s layout terminology the layout would be 4 ½ by 5 by 4. The cover was left OOB.

Bowling on a very flat (I’m guessing 2:1 or less ratio) sports pattern the Infinite delivered as expected. It was cleaner and longer thru the front, picked up later in the mids and provided a stronger move on the backend than the original. The Infinite provided another great overall ball motion with tremendous hit and carry.

The Infinite Theory will be a great piece to go to when the original Theory starts to burn or check early. It should also handle most medium conditions with ease. The Infinite Theory is another purposeful release from Roto Grip.

John Brodersen