PDA

View Full Version : it ain't as easy as it looks

djbigsmooth
10-05-2008, 12:36 PM
smooth bowling concepts has produced a video that gives you an inside look of the joys and frustrations of bowling in the pba. the point of this video is to show every 200+ average house bowler that "IT AIN' T AS EASY AS IT LOOKS BRO'. featured bowler is dj big smooth. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MArPltsG0KM

onefrombills
10-05-2008, 02:43 PM
thanks for the video man ....i hope most ppl check it out since there is such a diffrence from house shots to PBA shots

Baroncad
10-06-2008, 10:49 AM
Well, this just reinforces my desire to stay with the THS, because I'm not that good on a THS to begin with.

Thanks for the video.

kev3inp
11-05-2008, 10:07 AM
And the point of this is??? Go away.

Iceman
12-29-2008, 05:48 AM
I have shot on the 5 PBA patterns and I knew going into it, I was not going to shoot 200 avg, My goal was 180, and I ended at 175, only due to the scorpion where I shot 2 650's. We shot for 2 weeks each. The Shark was my foe, it kicked my butt. I'm narrowing my THS play area to score better next time. I'm out to get 190/200 on PBA and 220/230 on THS. I'm currently 175 on PBA, and 210 on THS. Though, I have changed my style since the PBA and hope that straighter is greater on the PBA shots.

ArtVandelay
12-29-2008, 09:17 PM
Another great video, man. I'd be proud to throw that pretty a ball on a house shot let alone PBA conditions!

Might I add a suggestion though? Perhaps on those PBA videos you could put a frame by frame score. Something like:

1.) X 2.) 8 - / 3.) X...... etc. Total: 203 or whatever you shot (I didn't score it, I'm still recovering from Jersey, and I'm being lazy right now)

That would give a better idea of how tough it is out there. You could say you're a two-something average on a house shot, and then post your scores on the PBA conditions.

11 in a row
01-29-2009, 01:09 PM
there is a difference thats for sure..

Jord_84
01-29-2009, 01:22 PM
I shot on the scorpion pattern last year during a qualifier for a pro am. Oh if only I had known what I was getting into.
I'm studying up on the different patterns, hopefully I'll get another shot at that pro am qualifier...and I'll be prepared this time.

US Bowler had a great article-"This is how we roll" about the different PBA patterns in their summer 08 issue.

djbigsmooth
01-31-2009, 07:23 PM
Another great video, man. I'd be proud to throw that pretty a ball on a house shot let alone PBA conditions!

Might I add a suggestion though? Perhaps on those PBA videos you could put a frame by frame score. Something like:

1.) X 2.) 8 - / 3.) X...... etc. Total: 203 or whatever you shot (I didn't score it, I'm still recovering from Jersey, and I'm being lazy right now)

That would give a better idea of how tough it is out there. You could say you're a two-something average on a house shot, and then post your scores on the PBA conditions.

it was a montage of shots from my 8 game set. maybe next tournament i bowl in i will set that up.

Jord_84
01-31-2009, 09:13 PM
I hear they're increasing the length of each pattern by 1 foot....except for the shark, I believe.
anyone else hear about that, or when the new patterns go into effect?

djbigsmooth
02-01-2009, 09:27 AM
I hear they're increasing the length of each pattern by 1 foot....except for the shark, I believe.
anyone else hear about that, or when the new patterns go into effect?

i have heard that. some of the major patterns have been shortened, like the t.o.c.

11 in a row
02-21-2009, 11:09 AM
it speaks for itself and i like it..