PDA

View Full Version : Hammer Taboo for left-hander

Zach85
03-02-2011, 02:27 AM
Anyone a southpaw with a Taboo? Or anyone with a Taboo in general? What are your thoughts on this ball? I've researched it, the pro-shop guy where I bowl says it is a good bowling ball, probably something I would like considering the kind of bowling balls I do like. I'm really considering it after my research I've done on it. Really nice, long ball with an aggressive backend hook from what I've researched and saw in videos (on youtube and the Hammer's website).

The Mayor
03-02-2011, 08:12 AM
In my opinion, the Infinite Theory and Virtual Gravity NANO are better all-around than the Taboo. You can't deny the success the Taboo has had, but there have been complaints about the durability and maintaining the reaction out of the box. But, no need to elaborate on that...

Zach85
03-02-2011, 12:16 PM
Thanks for your advice, but I'm mainly a Hammer fan. I've bowled nothing but Hammers. I'll look into those balls, but it is hard for me to break out of one Manufacturer of anything in my life. Thanks again.

Tinyfxds
03-02-2011, 08:37 PM
I usually take the advice of the PBA proshop expert when buying new balls. Right now I'm throwing a Pure Physics by Columbia 300. It's a great ball that may be a little underrated. I had a Burgundy Hammer years ago and loved. It was one of my favorites but don't be afraid to step outside the box. Hammer doesn't make the best bowling ball every year so limiting yourself to only one brand could prevent you from getting a really great ball

crzysnake137
03-03-2011, 09:33 PM
Just Got My Nano, And the ball is a beast, first game out of the box 268 and im only a 140 avg bowler

bowler4ever
07-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Hammer Taboo is an excellent ball. I bought this and drilled it pin down took it to league and shot 652 with no warm up. The ball will pick up a good roll and does well on lite hits. Good when there is carrydown. Problem with this and most equipment that works well in oil is that the ball picks up oil like a sponge so cleaning this one and any one that works well in oil is important to keep it tracking well. Color is very hdef. I did have to take surface to 1000 and also had to bake the oil out after 35-40 games. My feeling is the taboo will not have the longevity I would like.