PDA

View Full Version : Storm Virtual Gravity First impression.

crzysnake137
03-03-2011, 08:45 PM
Just got my virtual gravity nano and all i can say is wow! Very Strong Midlane Roll With alot of roll to the pocket. first game out of the box 270. for only a 140 avg bowler. WOW

Ball: http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x315/Crzysnake137/Virtual%20Gravity%20Nano/DSC01488.jpg

Layout: http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x315/Crzysnake137/Virtual%20Gravity%20Nano/DSC01491.jpg

z06bass
03-15-2011, 11:31 PM
I am actually debating if I should get the Virtual Gravity Nano at the moment. I bought a 14lb Storm Anarchy after throwing a 15lb Storm Second Dimension for a few months, hoping the Anarchy would be more aggressive. The Anarchy is more aggressive, but not by that much. I am not a high revving player and bowl around the 14-15mph range on heavy oil patterns.

Would you say the Nano is more aggressive when compared to the Anarchy if you have had a chance to compare the two?

Thanks!

The Mayor
03-16-2011, 08:16 AM
The NANO is definitely more aggressive than the Anarchy. The Anarchy has the bigger backend reaction, but the NANO starts hooking in the midlane as crzysnake said and just doesn't stop. One question I have for you though zbass, why the move from 15 to 14? This could be the biggest issue.

DanielMareina
03-16-2011, 11:54 AM
I would like to know why you bought two pearized balls? If you are a low rev bowler at that speed, you would best be suited by a matte finish anyway. Although the anarchy is a strong ball, the Virtual Gravity Nano will blow its reaction to shreds. It is the most aggressive ball I have ever thrown. It is very smooth in the midlane and at the breakpoint, but will actually accelerate into the pins. You would be incredibly benefitted by the Nano. Good luck!

z06bass
03-16-2011, 03:22 PM
@Whiskey Basin: Thanks for your review! I moved to a 14lb ball mainly because I have been having difficulty throwing the 15lb for extended periods of time. The 14lb definitely feels much better for me. With the 15lb I wasn't getting much reaction either.

@DanielMareina: The Second Dimension I bought as a second hand ball from a friend while the Anarchy I bought new. The Anarchy was my second choice to the Invasion but the bowling shops here only had the Anarchy in a 14lb. The Nano will definitely be my next ball....hopefully by tomorrow I'll be an owner of a Nano if the pro shops have them. Thanks!