PDA

View Full Version : problem with my release

rockaFLOCKA
03-04-2011, 03:28 AM
im pretty new to bowling, i average about 100-120 per game. when i throw the bowl to the lane i set up like a two hand throw but i dont use two hands to throw it. i use a 12lbs house ball as well. should i lower the weight if i cant pull back the ball with just one hand?

The Mayor
03-04-2011, 09:33 AM
No, you should have a ball drilled to fit your hand. House balls are drilled with large holes so everyone can use them. When a ball fits your hand it will feel much, much lighter. Bowling with a house ball is like wearing someone else's retainer. It just doesn't fit and you get no use out of it.

theluigi
03-04-2011, 12:32 PM
No, you should have a ball drilled to fit your hand. House balls are drilled with large holes so everyone can use them. When a ball fits your hand it will feel much, much lighter. Bowling with a house ball is like wearing someone else's retainer. It just doesn't fit and you get no use out of it.

Whiskey's right, although the analogy was a little disgusting. :p

I myself have only been bowling since December, but the difference between a house ball and a ball drilled to fit your hand is amazing. I could easily see someone who throws a 12# house ball throwing a 14# or maybe even 15# ball if its fit to your hand. The ball just feels lighter.

Having your own ball also helps you develop a consistent shot and maintain higher scores.

kev3inp
03-06-2011, 09:35 AM
A lot of pro shops have a package deal for a ball, bag and shoes, and there's a world of difference when you have a ball fitted to your hand. And I feel much better knowing only my feet have been in the shoes. LOL!

The Mayor
03-08-2011, 09:14 AM
Whiskey's right, although the analogy was a little disgusting. :p

I myself have only been bowling since December, but the difference between a house ball and a ball drilled to fit your hand is amazing. I could easily see someone who throws a 12# house ball throwing a 14# or maybe even 15# ball if its fit to your hand. The ball just feels lighter.

Having your own ball also helps you develop a consistent shot and maintain higher scores.

Yes, it was pretty gross. But there was no doubt about the point I was trying to make, right? ;)