PDA

View Full Version : New ball suggestions

JamesBill
03-23-2011, 03:12 PM
I am using a Battle Zone bullet

http://www.bowlingballvault.com/companies/3-brunswick/640-battle-zone-bullet

http://www.bowlingindex.com/proshop/Balls/brunswick/bulletzone.htm

It has fingertip grips. it is a little beat up now and looking to get a new ball. I notice the slingshot uses the same coverstock, but my main question is why get a cheaper budget ball like the Slingshot when the upper high end balls like Wicked Siege and Damage are only 20-40 bucks more with the mail in rebates.

theluigi
03-23-2011, 05:04 PM
Bowlingball.com has a lot of great rebates right now for the Brunswick balls. It all depends on what lane condition ball you are looking for. If you are looking for a dry-medium oil ball, then look at the slingshot. Kev3inp, another user of these forums has a slingshot and he swears by it. But if you want a ball for a heavier oil pattern there's no doubt that you should look into the higher end balls.

kev3inp
03-23-2011, 05:57 PM
I can't say enough how pleased I am with my Slingshot. It won't move in oil, but for drier lanes or playing an outside line it's like magic. I thought it was just going to be a step up from a spare ball. I was very wong.

theluigi
03-23-2011, 08:23 PM
I didn't know you were asian.

"you were very wong"

johncongdon
03-24-2011, 07:41 AM
I have to agree with kev3inp, the Slingshot is a great ball, especially after the lanes breakdown. I still love my Storm Virtual Energy for most shots, and then migrate to a Brunswick Loaded Revolver then the Slingshot.

The Virtual Gravity Nano is a beast, and there is a new ball coming out that rolled really well in our testing last night, the Radical Slant. More on the Radical Slant to come.

The Mayor
03-24-2011, 08:01 AM
I think if you're going to go with one of the Brunswick balls with the rebates, the ball that John mentioned the Loaded Revolver would be your best choice. It would be a great step up from what you already have and is a good benchmark ball.

kev3inp
03-24-2011, 05:34 PM
I miss my Absolute Inferno. There was a new one supposed to be just like it, but I don't believe.

"wong" Oops. LOL! Now I have to hear "Turning Japanese" by the Vapors. :)

The Mayor
03-25-2011, 11:58 AM
Actually, the Anaconda uses the same coverstock and an updated version of the Inferno core. It's very similar, just a little more aggressive.

kev3inp
03-25-2011, 05:27 PM
That was the name. I remember it as being green, but couldn't recall the name. Couldn't justify the expense for a trial.

JamesBill
03-25-2011, 09:28 PM
I am most interested in a ball different than the one i already own. My current ball is pretty long and does not hook very hard.

I am trying to figure out how the lane conditions change the ball's reactions so a consistent ball would also be very helpful.

theluigi
03-25-2011, 11:01 PM
Well,

If you're looking for a medium-heavy to heavy oil ball, I can testify for the Storm Marvel.

It's got a nice smooth arc but a lot of hook potential, and for me it's pretty damn consistent. (sometimes I'm not though :D)

It's not the cheapest ball in the world, but it certainly justifies the expense.

OH AND IT SMELLS GOOD.

Stormed1
03-27-2011, 04:19 AM
For a stronger ball without laying out a ton of cash i would dill up a Tropical Heat Hybrid. It will be much streonger and more angular than your current ball.

jaydee
03-28-2011, 09:44 AM
The Loaded Revolver sounds like a good ball for you. It's a medium-heavy oil so it will hook a lot more than you're current ball as well as the Damage. I know someone with a Siege, I'm just not as impressed with that line although I'm sure some will swear by it.