PDA

View Full Version : Rising Star

cmsubowler
04-01-2011, 01:53 AM
Hello all and thanks for reading. The video that goes along with this review can be found on youtube following this link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p5yisL6F2c&feature=related

We used a different layout than ever before with this ball and I am very glad that I did. By the number it is 35 x 5.25 x 65. Our goal was to allow this ball to pick up more in the midlane while still maintaining a controlled continuous backend reaction. Result..... SUCCESS. This ball picks up in the midlane much easier than previously drilled balls in the RG Shield line such as the Dark Star. Now, don't get me wrong, every ball has its place but the Rising Star is unique. The new core and Hybrid cover mixed in with a very versatile drilling patter has allowed me to use this ball on every lane pattern except for the Shark. As you can see in the video, the ball easily reads drier boards outside the track area and continues through the pins. Slightly lighter pocket hits allow the 6 pin to snap off the sidewall and kick out 10 pins with authority. Great addition with a great new core. Enjoy this one guys. Should be a great ball in the bag but don't underestimate the hook potential and hitting power.