PDA

View Full Version : Virtual Gravity Nano Review

Rotomike
04-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Trying to stay away from an overtly technical reviews here goes...

HOLY COW!!! I felt a bit like I was cheating a bit. It is significantly stronger from breakpoint through the pins than I have seen in a while.

For example: Wednesday night league- our pair had a two hour kids party during the early afternoon. The house re-ran the heads then a teachers league bowled… Lots and lots of plastic balls dragging oil down the lane.

I usually use a label drilled Nomad Dagger or Rising Star in this house and I have high average in the league. During practice and the first game I fought through a good bit of carry down and my Dagger struggled to consistently make it through all of the oil that had been deposited downlane earlier in the day. Seventh frame I pull out the Nano...

WHAMMO!!! I had a ball reaction! The Nano reacted like there was no carry down at all. I had to move 5 and 3 in and threw the last four to shoot 201. The next game I started with the front 8 for 265. I started the next game split -spare 10 bagger! The pin carry was phenomenal. I was having fun watching the pins bounce around.

The specs are: pin at 4 3/4" to PAP above the ring finger and mass bias is next to the thumb hole. Weight hole is at P3.

I just returned from the USBC Open Championships and the hottest ball at the tournament was clearly the Virtual Gravity Nano.

Enough about me here is what the Nano can do for you:

The Nano will allow you to free up your swing. If you want to go deep go ahead the Nano will make it back. There is a traction additive in the cover that gives you much better performance on oily lane conditions. The Virtual Gravity was one of the first balls that gave bowlers a stronger down lane move on oily lanes. The Nano is even stronger.

If you are rev challenged the Nano will give you a strong move down lane even on regular conditions.

The coverstock can be easily manipulated. It take a polish as well as sanding and the performance will not suffer.

One final note: using the Nano I threw one of the craziest messengers : The headpin went to the side board and came back across the lane flying in it's original vertical orientation and killed the corner pin. This ball is crazy good!