PDA

View Full Version : Twisted on two strong strike balls...Opinions?

Paralipsis
04-04-2011, 11:40 AM
If you haven't viewed my past threads asking about bowling balls, I originally wanted to get the Invasion, but seeing as Storm has cut production of them and my funds are quite slim at the moment, I have to hold off on getting one. I'm looking at Storm, ONLY! I shall not, and will not throw Brunswick again. Long story... The Marvel and Virtual Gravity NANO are the two that I'm looking at.

Stats:

Rev Rate: ~350
Speed: 15-17/18
Axis of Rotation (guessing): Between 15-20 degrees. Probably closer to 15.

Lane Info:

Lane Surface: Synthetic
Oil Pattern: Kegel Main Street (our THS), USBC Blue Series, 2010 Nationals (Med-Heavy oil)
Oil Type: Kegel Offense LV (I think)

I don't do any traveling (at the moment) so it's the same lanes every week. To give you an idea where I line up with my No Mercy with a strong drilling on semi broken down lanes:

Lineup: 23
Arrows: 12/13
Breakpoint: 7/8

Which would you recommend as my main strike ball, and what drilling would you recommend.

Stormed1
04-05-2011, 10:55 AM
Basically it comes down to what ball motion you want. The Nano will be more overall hook and more angular down lane. The Marvel is slightly less hook and a much smoother reaction.

If your interested i have a couple Invasion in the shop andd would sell one to you for $140 shipped

Paralipsis
04-05-2011, 11:12 AM
I'm actually leaning towards the NANO. Just trying to decide on a drilling. Any recommendations for my stats and the info listed above?

The Mayor
04-05-2011, 12:24 PM
The 4x4x2 layout rocks on this ball! I've seen lots of people have success with this layout on the NANO so far!

Paralipsis
04-05-2011, 07:01 PM
4 x 4 x 2...settled then. :) This time, I'm going to a real proshop, where they measure everything. And I mean, everything. Not just, span, finger/thumb size, and drill it.

Simply
08-15-2011, 09:39 AM
Late to chime in but I would add this depending on what you are looking to achieve. The Marvel is a good benchmark ball to start off the day but not always the best ball when the conditions deteriorate. Not sure that I would start out the night with the NANO, however it really opens up the pattern and is a great ball to take inside with you. The Marvel Pearl is a ball that might be better suited if a person wanted to buy one ball and throw it from beginning to end as you could stay with it longer in my opinion... Not sure they should let us amateurs have our say but I'm going the NANO route myself and trust the input from the pro shop guys on the layout... Simply