PDA

View Full Version : Motiv Cruel C51 LE Review

mrpinblaster
04-06-2011, 11:21 AM
MOTIV CRUEL C51 LE

Coverstock:
The Cruel C51 LE features a new additive to increase the surface texture (Higher RA value) of the black and red Formula-5™ Pearl Reactive coverstock. This feature helps low to moderate rev bowlers cross more boards down the lane in medium to heavy oil. High rev bowlers will find that this additive provides a smooth, but very strong backend motion. This ball’s motion is unique where it seems to be hooking as it is revving going down the lane, unlike most pearls where there is a skid flip motion.

Box Finish
The factory finish on the Cruel LE is 2000 wet sand / Power Gel Polish. This finish will provide an aggressive reaction with length and a very strong backend with continuation. There seems to be a very light polish out of the box but is polish-friendly if additional polish is desired.

Inner Core
The Cruel LE has the same asymmetric core as the original Cruel C51 which it is very aggressive. The specs are maxed out. The Cruel C51 has an RG of 2.48 and a .060 diff and a .30 mass bias differential (15# ball).

Cruel LE drilled:
Axis Point - 5" over 0" up/down
Pin to PAP- 5 1/2" (pin located above fingers)
Mass Bias Placement – 4 ½” from PAP
Balance Hole – 5/8” (small hole) 6 ½’’ over just above midline
Surface Preparation - Out of Box (2000 Wet Sand / Power Gel polish)

Review:
Motiv advertises this ball for medium to heavy oil but because of the new additive to the cover this ball matches up to more conditions than expected. I have used it with the “out of the box” surface on most typical house conditions and heavy oil tournament conditions with much success (averaging 235 for 20 games with a high game/series of 279/743 so far). I also have seen it used successfully on a light house condition with strong backends by a bowler with less rev rate than myself and that bowler ended up having a 700 series that night! Basically this ball strikes and continues to strike whatever event you may be competing. Motiv has a winner with this one … better add this one to the top of your bowling ball wish list if you want to add more strikes to your game. It’s a Cruel World!

Ernie Segura
Motiv Seed Program (Michigan)
36 Certified 300’s
20 Certified 800’s
www.motivbowling.com