PDA

View Full Version : After More Research...which ball to get?

Paralipsis
04-15-2011, 05:22 PM
After I dug through the files regarding out lane machine, seems as though we either run the Kegel Easy Street or the USBC Blue 1 or 2 for our THS. I'm going against the NANO right now due to the oil requirement for that ball. I'm now twisted between the following:

Storm Anarchy
Storm Marvel

On paper, which of the two is closer to the 15# Hammer No Mercy?

Drano
04-17-2011, 02:59 AM
The marvel is a ton of ball too, if you went with that route, you'd have to either polish it or drill it weak, or both. I think it'd be way too early for those patterns if you didn't, of course that is reflected by your rev rate/speed/tilt.

From what I've seen of the Anarchy, it's very skid flippy, I think that would be the better route to go with, if you drilled it strong, say pin under ring

Paralipsis
04-18-2011, 12:37 AM
I'm thinking the Anarchy with a 4x4x2 layout with a 2000-4000 grit sanding with a little touch of polish if it's to reactive.

The Mayor
04-18-2011, 08:11 AM
Yes, the Anarchy would be much closer to the No Mercy. Long and strong.

Paralipsis
04-18-2011, 09:43 AM
Then it's settled. :D

Stormed1
04-22-2011, 09:26 AM
Both are good choices and are very tuneable with surface adjustments. Marvel will be smoother due to the core cover combo (solid cover). While the Anarchy will be more angular on the back but can be smoothed out with surface adjustments. Anoth ball to consider would be the Prodigy which would fit in between the Marvel and the Anarchy

Paralipsis
04-22-2011, 01:53 PM
I think I'm gonna go step by step with my equipment replacement. Gonna get the 2Fast and Black Ice first so I can replace my conventional grip Rattler and Viz-A-Ball. Don't feel like getting them plugged and re-drilled and waiting three weeks (that's how long it took for my no mercy to get plugged and drilled).