PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone use a Hammer Jigsaw Trap ?

UnkleBuck
04-19-2011, 01:03 AM
Just curious because I don't see many posts .

This ball was my first new ball since I got my original Blue Hammer urethane , Many moons ago !

Just getting back into bowling after 16 yrs and although I was doing good with the old Hammer avg 215 reg for 5 months on
mostly league used and torched lanes (non League) 10 gms a week my 48yr arm was killing me throwing that #16 ball.

I recently bought the Jigsaw Trap 15 lb and OTB this ball gave me fits I just didn't have the arm to get it through the heads even though I don't have it drilled aggressively

Had it polished up to 4000 and this ball is very easy to go long and finish hard. Carries high and light !

It's a great ball if you polish it right !

mhrinko
04-19-2011, 09:59 AM
I am looking at getting this ball...is there any other info I should take into consideration.

UnkleBuck
04-20-2011, 04:45 AM
Can't add much to my original post other than my ball speed is aprox 15 1/2mph

if that helps and when I start hanging the 10 pin I easily fix the problem by moving back an inch on the approach and this will usually fix that problem.
Or by moving a half board left on the approach. (I'm right handed )

You will see an occasional stone 9 or 8 but not too often.

I strongly advise polishing the ball unless you are in heavy oil.

mhrinko
04-20-2011, 09:42 AM
Thats about what I throw..usally 14-15mph. The lanes I bowl on are a med oil. I am looking for a ball with a lot of hook and great pin reaction.

The Mayor
04-20-2011, 12:30 PM
I personally didn't care for any of the Jigsaw series. I believe the Trap was the best of the bunch, but they just seemed to hit like pinecones. If you want something that really hooks, the Virtual Gravity NANO is the ball to get. Nothing is close to as aggressive as this ball.

Drano
04-20-2011, 04:17 PM
From what I've seen of the Trap on tour, it wasn't a good ball at all. Of the Jigsaw series, the Corner looked to have the best ball reaction of the three.

UnkleBuck
04-21-2011, 02:20 AM
the last pinecones hit I ever heard was back in the day when my buddy was throwing his Galaxy 300 plastic ball LoL !

Being a Whiskey lover myself drinks on me !

I do have to admit that my old Blue Hammer Urethane can still strike louder than my Jigsaw Trap just not as often....

No offense to anyone as I firmly believe any of these new balls will kill the pins !

Wouldn't it be awesome for all of us to try all the balls with different drillings
that are on the trailers at PBA events ?

The Mayor
04-21-2011, 10:05 AM
the last pinecones hit I ever heard was back in the day when my buddy was throwing his Galaxy 300 plastic ball LoL !

Being a Whiskey lover myself drinks on me !

I do have to admit that my old Blue Hammer Urethane can still strike louder than my Jigsaw Trap just not as often....

No offense to anyone as I firmly believe any of these new balls will kill the pins !

Wouldn't it be awesome for all of us to try all the balls with different drillings
that are on the trailers at PBA events ?

The Galaxy! haha! You name the place and I'm there!!

kev3inp
04-21-2011, 05:45 PM
Pinecones, that's funny! I'll have to steal that. I usually say something hits like a purse.

Stormed1
04-22-2011, 09:19 AM
Around here the ball earned the nickname Jigsaw Crap. Mostly do to bad marketing by Hammer. It was listed as a heavy oil ball and it's not! Putting surface on the ball helped butit still did not like heavier volumes too much. It wasn't a bad piece for mediums however