PDA

View Full Version : Its been a while, but now i'm back

Metspride129
04-29-2011, 08:05 PM
Well, first off i've never really been a serious bowler, i bowled freshman year of high school for the school team and had around a 120 average by the end of the season, but never followed after then. I would go out bowling with friends once in a blue moon, and thats how its been for about 8 years, until recently. i went bowling one monday with a few friends at a local lane, and they had a great deal....$12 all you can bowl from 9-12. we made it a ritual, and the 6 of us would go, 3 ppl per lane. so each monday for the last 2 months or so we've been going religiously, getting about 10 games a week in. started off with around a 110 avg or so, but as of last weeks 10 games, my avg was a 155. i always had my own ball, which is a plastic ebonite 14 lb ball. since i had such a basic ball, i have always been a pure power bowler (avg around 23-24 mph). i started messing around with my friends bowling ball cuz he has a high performance resin ball, but since the finger holes are much different, i would just cradle the ball and throw it. i loved the feel and learning how to properly hit pockets, so i decided to order my own ball...the Anaconda by Brunswick. i'm hoping to get comfortable enough with that, so when league starts in late may, i'm able to perform well, and hopefully can hold around a 180 avg.

also looking to get a new pair of shoes very soon, any suggestions for online stores with great pricing?

Jake0110
04-29-2011, 10:47 PM
Sounds almost exactly like what happened to me. I went for almost 5 years without bowling, then I went on a spur of the moment with my fiance and some of her friends and was instantly hooked again. I've been bowling 3 times a week since. I started out horrible, barely breaking 100 most of the time. But since, I've developed a hook and my average is up to about 160. I start my first league on Wednesday.

As for shoes, I recently bought a pair of Dexter Seth shoes. (http://www.dexterbowling.com/Product.aspx?ProductID=4987) I love them. They were relatively inexpensive, and they slide amazingly. They also have added foot support, which helps me because I broke both my ankles when I was younger and have always had foot problems. When I was using the house shoes, my ankles would always start to bother me after about 2 games. Since I bought those shoes, all that foot pain has completely gone and I worry more about my arm giving out than my ankles.