PDA

View Full Version : NFL lockout

comfortably numb
05-03-2011, 02:16 PM
What do you think about the upcoming NFL season? It seems hard to believe that we won't have any Pro Football. Are the players and owners going to settle? Whose side are you on, if any, between the owners and players?

comfortably numb
05-05-2011, 02:34 PM
I've been a Detroit Lions fan since 1961, so I know a lot about losing, but this year I really think we have a shot at the playoffs. If Stafford stays healthy and our top 3 draft picks are who we think they are, I can see 10 or 11 wins, but maybe I have been drinking the kool-aid. How about your favorite teams...what kind of year are you anticipating????

The Mayor
05-05-2011, 04:55 PM
I'm a Dolphin fan and I'm expecting the usual 9-7, last spot out of the playoffs! Honestly, it depends on Free Agency. We could be a contender or we could be going after the 1st pick. Who knows..

kev3inp
05-08-2011, 02:16 PM
I live down here, but hate the Dolphins. I'm a Bears fan, so go figure. I side with the players. Sure, they're filthy rich but think of how much more rich you have to be to pay all those players. I've no sympathy for the owners whatsoever.

The Mayor
05-09-2011, 07:56 AM
I could understand the owners of the Large Market MLB teams being upset due to the profit sharing, but not in the NFL. In the NFL EVERY team is making a killing. Teams like the Red Sox and Yankees actually make less profit throughout the season than teams like the Royals and Padres because of the profit sharing. However this doesn't count merchandising, so they're still rich.

comfortably numb
05-09-2011, 03:34 PM
What I don't understand about the players saying no to an 18 game regular season and a 2 game exhibition season is that they seem to be admitting that they don't really go all out or try very hard in the exhibition games, yet the fans have to pay full price for those tickets too. The only thing more boring than watching exhibition football is watching the Pro Bowl; when players don't go all out/full speed, it's not really pro football. I say give the fans what they want, and we want more "real"games with the best players playing, not exhibition games with guys who never will make the team.

kev3inp
05-09-2011, 05:05 PM
I think they're mostly concerned with injuries, and again, I don't blame them. Two extra games at full blast is two more chances to end a career. Exhibition is like the pro bowl, they want to be seen as playing, but it's most important not to get hurt.