PDA

View Full Version : Smoking while bowling

comfortably numb
05-12-2011, 12:29 PM
Does anybody miss those days when smoking was allowed at the bowling lanes? If you are a smoker, did you get higher scores back then when you could bowl and relax with a smoke, or doesn't it make any difference?

The Mayor
05-12-2011, 01:43 PM
It's a lot better now for those that don't smoke, I'll tell you that. However, there was quite a decent percentage of bowlers that quit when smoking was banned from bowling alleys in Florida. There are still some states that permit smoking in bowling alleys (I believe).

the mom
05-13-2011, 10:04 AM
I can honestly say I DO NOT MISS smelling like an ash tray when I leave the bowling center. I will wait on the smokers to have their smoke between games as opposed to having the cigarette burn constantly in the bowling circle!
I am not sure the non-smoking rule had as much effect on bowlers leaving the sport as the cost increases over the last few years. I know that personally I have cut back to 1 league per week when in years past I have bowled 2 or 3. Money is tight so the little extras had to go!
But I am glad there is no smoking in our Centers!

Trex
07-22-2011, 01:51 PM
I Quit smoking when the new laws went into effect. ...My score's are better since I Quit, and I don't miss smelling like an ash tray either... as "The Mom above me stated".

As a previous smoker... I understand the need to smoke, But as one who quit smoking...I wish smoking could be banned from the property all together unless there is a bar where...If the center has a bar that is sectioned off from the lanes...Meaning you have to open a door to go into the bar, and the bar is ventilated so that the smoke cannot reach the bowling area...Then that is fine with me.

I use to smoke three cartons a week, no way I could afford that now...Plus I ended up with Cancer!!
Luckily I beat the Cancer!! And I hope It never returns!!

With that being said, I now cannot stand the smell when I am forced to be around it, And My Score's are better because I learned how to deal with life & stress without the crutch of the Cigarette smoking, although it did take some time.
My Score's suffered a little but only for about a few months and then I was fine. Now it is a little annoying to have to wait on bowlers who must take that smoke break...lol

comfortably numb
07-22-2011, 02:07 PM
Congrats on quitting, Trex. So glad that you are free from cancer. My ex-wife smoked, and after I moved out I got my sense of smell back and put on 50 pounds!!!

Trex
07-22-2011, 02:41 PM
Thanks very much Comfortably Numb. :) ....I thought I might lose some weight from Quiting, but noooooo!! Have not lost a single pound, but did not gain any either so I guess I can be glad of that.

Tenkei
08-14-2011, 09:28 PM
Wow I'm happy for you Trex! The place I bowl at does have a bar that's sectioned off so that smokers could run in there to smoke really quick. I haven't bowled when it was legal to smoke inside the whole alley so can't say much about that. Never minded having to run into the bar for a quick smoke in between games though.

WAC4504
08-26-2011, 07:22 PM
The one great thing about smoking in the bowling alley, was the lack of birthday parties. Wow do I ever miss those days, and yes I quit smoking but not because of that. I wis they'd bring back smoking just to get rid of cupcakes, skittles, M&M's, gum, spilled sodas, and god knows what ever else they can think to trow on the floors. Oh, and I almost forgot the pizza toppings, lets not forget the sausage under the tables. Cause lets face the facts, even if the staff does know how to clean the place up, a lot of times they just don't have enough time to oil the lanes, and clean up after the little darlings the way it should be done. So, I say bring back the smoking, and enter at your own risk.

BallBuster
11-06-2011, 10:00 AM
I was a smoker until just a couple weeks ago, I honestly don't see a connection between the two but the last 2 weeks of league I have totally killed on the lanes opening only 3 or 4 frames in a series. Unofficially my average is up 20-25 pins! Aside from that I was very glad when my alley went "non-smoking" for the simple fact that its a place where kids come to bowl leagues and recreational bowlers bring their kids to have fun. They shouldn't have to accept the smoke-filled bowling alley to enjoy themselves. I'm sure in previous times it would have deterred some parents and young bowlers from joining leagues altogether.

phonedrn8
11-19-2011, 08:10 PM
breathing clean air Yes Bowl better eyes not tierd or strained , plus you clothes smell and feel better

bdpeters
11-25-2011, 02:01 PM
as a former smoker I would not have minded stepping outside since I really got into the habit of doing that anyway. I would even step outside to smoke if I was at a smokers house. Yes I do miss it at times and miss being able to casually light up at the alley, of course at the time when it was still legal to smoke in the alley I was underage anyway and maybe thought I was kind of cool fitting in with the older guys. now I realize that was a stupid idea. yes it is good to not contribute to a non smokers bad health.

Bri

MFein
02-23-2012, 01:45 PM
I don't smoke but if the alley permitted smoking inside, I'd probably stop bowling. Just not a big fan of smokes, especially cigarettes. I can only tolerate rolled tobacco.

striker12
02-23-2012, 02:14 PM
yeah even when i bowl i dont smoke cigurets (how ever u spell it) but i smoke cigares manly those caption black cherry flavored or grape flavored filters i perfer those then anything but i cant even go for a smoke nomore between games cause people are getting mad having to wait for people that go for a smoke but they never look at them selfs sitting there talking for 5min when there name is up.

like how stupid

americantrotter
02-23-2012, 03:37 PM
The big issue is the time it takes. If there was a league mandate that you are allowed after the 2nd or 1st game (just once) it would be fine with me. I really just want to go once and not have to rush.

Some teams bail after every game even if the other teams dont have a single smoker.

Linsolv
02-24-2012, 06:37 PM
I don't smoke, but the smell of bowling alleys has always been really nostalgaic to me. The smoke was part of that. It doesn't ruin anything, but I was sad the first time I went into a bowling alley after the ban.

striker12
02-25-2012, 02:24 PM
yeah it sucks how we cant smoke anymore soo the thing i do it i have my dad or a friend thats with me go out side for one and i go out to see him to tell him something and i get a few puffs with smoking it helps me consintrate on bowling cause then nothing pops into my head soo i stay calm

kev3inp
02-26-2012, 11:20 AM
I'm Mr. Bad example for smoking. If you can stop, do so now. I smoked for about 28 years and did loads of damage to myself. I've had to have aneurisms stented, my aortic root and valve replaced, and I've lost 70% of the capacity in my right lung. That's the larger one. My enlarged heart impinges on my left lung. Don't wait until they tell you you have a choice: you can continue to smoke or you can continue to live. Qutting is the hardest thing I've ever had to do, but it can be done.

DaveAyotte
02-29-2012, 01:07 PM
Never smoked - can't smoke (allergic to tobacco), but my local house used to have those benches that had the ash tray built in, and I can't tell you how many times I've stuck my hand in ashes, and dead butts. It was disgusting.

Sorry to the smokers, but... I'm glad.

striker12
02-29-2012, 03:40 PM
yeha with me it dose not matter any more my right lung is already prit near gone and my left lung from what they sead is healthy its my right lung thats taking all the tar but when i was 6 years old my right tube under my right lung gave away and i have not been able to use my left loung much hearts ones and awhile but since i started smoking i have not felt as much pain as i did when i didn't but im planing on quiting by the end of this year right know im smoking indian smokes that i really hate but its going to help me quite cause i jsut dont want to smoke these anymore soo i will probly eather put the smoke abck or throw it away

travkoiboi
03-10-2012, 06:48 AM
Way better.... It seemed that the smell would cake on to everything.

Derrick1183
03-11-2012, 02:56 PM
the smoking ban doesnt really bother me cause I just wait till im done with league before I smoke or if it has been a ruff night ill go smoke one inbetween games but its only like 3 hours for league from start to finish so i just tell myself I can wait till im done. What i really dont like is when the first person done bowling goes out to smoke and the last person goes out as well and the last person out is the first one back in from their smoke that is what really bothers me about some ppl going out inbetween games.

got_a_300
03-11-2012, 09:21 PM
The smoking ban doesn't bother me in the least bit because I quit smoking over 3 yrs ago
but I used to smoke like a smoke stack back years ago when bowling when it was allowed
and if it was still allowed today I'm not sure if I would still be bowling any more.

greycat
03-21-2012, 01:35 PM
not a smoker but I could gauge how bad my buddy was doing by when he lit up. After the ban I was worried the alley would get busted cause the restrooms were ash trays and they would lose liquor license. Once the liquor stops flowing the people move on to the next drinking hole.

billf
03-23-2012, 07:56 PM
I still smoke unfortunately. I like not being able to smoke while bowling. The huge cloud of smoke was disgusting. I also get irritated having to wait on smokers. If you can't be back in time then don't go! On my co-ed team my ex-sister-in-law has even went out DURING a game. I always ask the other team about smokers and if anybody needs to get out quickly that session, i.e. for work. If the other team doesn't smoke then neither do I. Also, I don't smoke in my car or my house. The stench of old cigarette smoke is disgusting

o0 DraastiK
03-27-2012, 01:28 PM
Since I'm young (21) I was never around for that. I am a smoker however, the only time I think it helps me if I go and smoke is when I have a bad game. It helps me relax and get the anger out of my system. But I am glad that it's not allowed in the alleys anymore. As a smoker I hate being THAT GUY that smokes and the smoke blows in the face of a non-smoker. Makes me feel terrible

billf
03-27-2012, 10:24 PM
Derrick, are you referring to Saturdays when Angie bowls leadoff and I bowl anchor but beat her back in or Mondays when Rod bowls second yet Anthony (5th) and myself (3rd) both beat him back in?

Grimthrow
04-05-2012, 09:21 PM
As a non-smoker, I'm lovin the clean air. However if they banned alcohol....that's a whole different story.

martin
04-09-2012, 11:21 PM
as a non-smoker, i prefer to have non-smoking rules.. sometimes when someone smokes, my concentration just completely goes away.. (it happens that the bar (where you can smoke) and the bowling lanes i bowl on are sort of connected and the smoke from the bar just can get to the lanes)

Hampe
04-11-2012, 03:11 AM
You can put me in the "glad smoking isn't allowed but watch out if they try to ban alcohol" group. I wouldn't say that smoking bothers me particularly while bowling, I just don't like being around it in general.

chrono00
04-11-2012, 04:53 PM
You can put me in the "glad smoking isn't allowed but watch out if they try to ban alcohol" group. I wouldn't say that smoking bothers me particularly while bowling, I just don't like being around it in general.

I can't see banning alcohol ever working, except maybe in some super serious leagues. honestly, most league bowlers aren't all that good, and go to drink/have a good time.

hell I only joined up to drink with my friends who are all pretty good bowlers. I was using my friends old urethane barely averaging 100 when I started. It wasn't till the end of that first summer league when I decided to take it a little more seious and go get my own ball.

but if you took alcohol out of the equation, some people would never join in the first place, and others may quit, neither of which most centers can afford to have happen

americantrotter
04-12-2012, 01:24 PM
Alcohol=Profit.

There is very little chance that a dry league would add enough people to replace the lost income from the bar. Booze is a huge moneymaker for the alleys.

chrono00
04-13-2012, 11:22 AM
most of the alleys around here don't even have bars in them, and they still wouldn't be able to take alcohol away from the leagues there, cause they'd lose too many people for sure. It may not effect a friday morning church league, but it wold effect most of the nights

martinezsam2495
06-06-2012, 03:52 AM
Sorry to say this but, smoking in an alley, is not good for you and for the people around you. Take care of yourself.

Stamps
07-26-2012, 04:31 PM
It's illegal to smoke inside a business in the county I live in, so smoking is a no-go for both bowling alleys in my town.

RoccoRock
07-26-2012, 05:12 PM
I am so glad that smoking is no longer allowed in the bowling alleys. I bowled in 1995, before the bans. I absolutely hated coming home smelling like cigarette smoke. I would have to change, and shower immediately after getting home. I'll never forget the smell wafting off my dirty bowling clothes sitting in the hamper.

panbanger
08-01-2012, 10:09 AM
Just noticed on Monday that smoking is still allowed at my alley, though not on weekends. They must have really good ventilation because I noticed somebody smoking a few lanes over and I couldn't smell it. I quit smoking analogs over 2 years ago (analogs are what we e-cig smokers call "normal" cigarettes) and my sense of smell returned with a vengance. I'll admit it was nice to be able to take a few puffs of my e-cig every 4 or 5 frames.

I remember the olden days when the ashtrays were build right in to the tables!

ursus
08-01-2012, 11:46 AM
There are still a few alleys around here that allow smoking all the time, and some that allow smoking only during certain times depending on what the local city ordinance is for the particular town they are in. I was going to one place that allowed smoking because they had some pretty cheap rates a few nights a week while my kids were in soccer practice. The smell of smole was so heavy in the air that you labor to even breathe in there, it just hit you like a ton of bricks as soon as you walk in the door. I finally quit going there and would rather drive the 10 extra mile to go one that doesn't allow smoking.

jimlc2001
08-01-2012, 03:09 PM
Pan, was the guy smoking an e-cig? I heard those don't have a smell to them. At least not a tobacco and smoke smell.

Greenday
08-01-2012, 04:22 PM
I don't mind people smoking outdoors. It's not really a big deal since outside the wind moves it around. But when people start smoking indoors, it gets ridiculous. You cannot escape the smoke, whether it be the chemicals in it or just the smell in general. It's irritating to the eyes. I could never go with my friends who had any respiratory problems.

Honestly, bowling hasn't lost anything since indoor smoking bans.

panbanger
08-01-2012, 04:40 PM
Pan, was the guy smoking an e-cig? I heard those don't have a smell to them. At least not a tobacco and smoke smell.

Nope he was smoking a regular cigarette. That's what surprised me - I can usually smell not just somebody smoking but even if someone has [I]been[I] smoking. I guess smoking isn't very popular at my alley, otherwise the place would reek. After I noticed him, then I saw the ashtrays here and there. I had no idea they allowed smoking so they have some kind of state of the art ventilation system lol

backahead
08-02-2012, 05:18 PM
I quit smoking about 5yrs ago, and as someone else said my sense of smell went pure bloodhound. I can tell when my neighbors start brewing coffee and having a smoke. But my heart lies with the contrarians, I don't mind it. You can smoke in my house, my car, or the center I bowl no problem. I hate the smell of red onion sauce but I serve it up all day long :)

serial bowl
08-02-2012, 07:16 PM
It's not just the smoking that makes it uncomfortable for people, it's the irresponsible, instant idiot, just add alcohol types, that kill the atmosphere also. "I love you man".

snugbucco
08-26-2012, 07:29 PM
I'd rather not bowl in smoke, I live close to an ally that allows it, so I don't go there... You are correct, its the drunk people that kill the atmosphere more than someone smoking, but they make some good money off of alcohol sales $$$. Oh well they need to stay in business somehow. :)

martin
09-16-2012, 07:07 AM
i personally hate it when ppl smoke near me.. makes me lose concentration

75lockwood
09-19-2012, 01:50 PM
Smoking has to be my ultimate pet peeve, i can't stand it when people smoke, my mother smokes and it irritates me to no end, plus, the fastest way for me to get home from my high school is through an ally where all the smokers hang out, one of thought it would be funny to blow smoke in my face one day, lets just say he didn't think it was funny very long.

Fatal
09-19-2012, 11:25 PM
I wish I could quit smoking. I tell myself everyday.. today is the day.. then I light up if the littlest thing ticks me off. Stupid crutch..

kurowah
09-20-2012, 12:02 AM
I'm pretty new to bowling and honestly, I have never experienced an alley where smoking had been allowed. Young bowler here. :p And I hope I don't offend anyone, but I am actually quite glad that smoking is prohibited at bowling alleys. Although that one post about there being less kids' birthday parties sounds like a great reason to bring it back. :p

Demoman
09-20-2012, 12:39 AM
The one great thing about smoking in the bowling alley, was the lack of birthday parties. Wow do I ever miss those days, and yes I quit smoking but not because of that. I wis they'd bring back smoking just to get rid of cupcakes, skittles, M&M's, gum, spilled sodas, and god knows what ever else they can think to trow on the floors. Oh, and I almost forgot the pizza toppings, lets not forget the sausage under the tables. Cause lets face the facts, even if the staff does know how to clean the place up, a lot of times they just don't have enough time to oil the lanes, and clean up after the little darlings the way it should be done. So, I say bring back the smoking, and enter at your own risk. Amen to that comment! For people that think This type of philosophy has killed bowling visit the hammer bowling website as there is a sign up sheet to start a movement to get rid of this nonsense. As for the general question I miss smoking in alleys but I now carry a electronic cigarette that I will sneak a few puffs on when I get stressed as they are odorless and smokeless.

Davec13
09-20-2012, 06:14 PM
There is no smoking anywhere in NY state and while it sucks in the winter I think everyone is used to it now. When the law first took effect you would have thought every business was gonna go bankrupt with the uproar that was going on.

We went to TX a couple of years ago to see the sister in law graduate from basic at Lackland AFB. We were kind of taken back when we went to a restaurant and they asked smoking or non smoking. We took the smoking section and honestly even being a smoker It was a bit overpowering. I just run up between games and grab a few drags. It's only a couple hours for league so its not gonna kill me to skip a smoke.

AngeloPD
09-20-2012, 06:41 PM
I wish I could quit smoking. I tell myself everyday.. today is the day.. then I light up if the littlest thing ticks me off. Stupid crutch..

If you're really serious about quitting, you should try taking Zyban or Chantix. These medications help stop the smoking cessation, i'm currently studying in becoming a pharmacist. My prof told us that these two are the go to meds if your serious about quitting.

Demoman
09-21-2012, 12:11 AM
I have heard lots of bad things about chantix including a high suicide percentage.

Fatal
09-21-2012, 01:26 AM
"Symptoms could cause massive diarrhea".

americantrotter
09-21-2012, 08:41 AM
I have heard lots of bad things about chantix including a high suicide percentage.I quit 5 months ago cold turkey.

I tried Chantix in the past and it was rough for me. I work in healthcare and there are basically 2 types of people. People for whom Chantix works great for, and people who have varying amounts of side effects that affect the mind and behavior with the most serious being suicide in rare cases.

But if it works for you? It really works.

GeorgiaStroker
09-22-2012, 02:45 AM
I have heard lots of bad things about chantix including a high suicide percentage.

But studies have shown that nearly all those that did commit suicide were able to stop smoking immediately. Those that were cremated took a little longer.... Sorry couldn't resist.

GeorgiaStroker
09-22-2012, 11:44 PM
Seriously, I smoked from the time I was 18 until I was 34 years old and loved every puff. I quit when my wife and I decided to start a family and now I hate the smell as much as I used to love it.

AngeloPD
09-23-2012, 01:52 AM
I quit 5 months ago cold turkey.

I tried Chantix in the past and it was rough for me. I work in healthcare and there are basically 2 types of people. People for whom Chantix works great for, and people who have varying amounts of side effects that affect the mind and behavior with the most serious being suicide in rare cases.

But if it works for you? It really works.

Agree, chantix has all sorts of weird side effects including having a weird dream. Also Chantix does not have nicotine in it and it stimulates the same receptor as nicotine.

CrimsonEncounter
09-27-2012, 09:50 AM
I'm a smoker and when I first started league bowling, you could smoke in the center. I wasn't very good then, my average was like a 125. It bothers me that I have to go outside when traditionally bowling and smoking went hand in hand, but at the same time I can understand people's health is more important than my happiness.

panbanger
09-27-2012, 10:52 AM
Agree, chantix has all sorts of weird side effects including having a weird dream. Also Chantix does not have nicotine in it and it stimulates the same receptor as nicotine.

Years ago when I tried the nicotine patch, a side effect was lucid dreams. Man, I LOVED THAT SIDE EFFECT! I had the trippiest, most vivid dreams! It was like going on a Pink Floyd meets Alice in Wonderland vacation every night. Running through a forest with pogo-sticks instead of legs in one of them. In another dream I could fly, but I could only fly 2 feet off the ground, and really slow. LOL it was so trippy.

GeorgiaStroker
09-27-2012, 12:52 PM
I just love those drug commercials that say "may cause episodes of eating or driving with no memory of such activity" Finally I know why I'm fat and there's never any gas in the truck.

AZBowla
10-01-2012, 06:22 PM
I'm a smoker, and it was kinda nice to be able to smoke during a game, but I don't miss it that much. It's too much of a hassle to go outside, plus I don't want to risk getting gum or dirt on the soles of my bowling shoes (and don't want to change shoes just to smoke either). So now I smoke before I go in, then I'm good for a few hours of bowling without feeling like I want a cigarette. So I'm fine with the centers being smoke free and besides now I can have my kids in there without having to worry about them inhaling a bunch of second-hand smoke(I smoke outside at home as well).

Now if they banned me having a beer or two while I'm bowling, well then we're gonna have a problem.... ;)

Davec13
10-02-2012, 08:54 PM
Now if they banned me having a beer or two while I'm bowling, well then we're gonna have a problem.... ;)

If they banned beer, most alleys would close.

bayedup84
10-03-2012, 11:38 AM
I don't smoke but my g/f and friends smoke. I know its prolly easier when they could smoke inside, instead now they gotta take shoes off and go outside which takes time away from game and all.

kmf
11-17-2012, 10:24 PM
I went for a smoke between games tonight. I still bowled leadoff before their second person went yet their captain complained that they had to wait too long but it was ok when he went for beer and took ten minutes. What's the difference?

HughScot
11-17-2012, 10:30 PM
"..............instead now they gotta take shoes off and go outside which takes time away from game and all."

All they have to do is put on those shoe covers that most people wear when walking around.

AZBowla
11-17-2012, 10:33 PM
I went for a smoke between games tonight. I still bowled leadoff before their second person went yet their captain complained that they had to wait too long but it was ok when he went for beer and took ten minutes. What's the difference?

Was your team winning? That might have been the "difference". ;)

kmf
11-17-2012, 10:57 PM
Was your team winning? That might have been the "difference". ;)

3 out of 4 of us struck out in the tenth to win by 6 pins. This dude was yelling and screaming so bad that another team went and got my dad (league president) to tell him to chill. That guy started yelling and cussing at my dad so I thought for sure there was going to be a quick fight. Surprisingly, to me anyway, dad just said, keep it up; hit another monitor or ball return and you won't bowl in this association again. You're sportmanship doesn't meet the standards expected of any league and can no longer be tolerated.
The guy shut up and didn't hit squat again. Then about ten minutes later he started talking crap about my dad. I politely asked him why he was talking trash now instead of when he was over here. Go say it to his face. He didn't but in the end that was probably a good thing. My dad likes to say he's a fat, old, disable man so what's he suppose to do? Still, I know he was a green beret and even taught the special forces hand to hand combat class for three months so I'm sure it would all still just click. Besides, he is only 44, wears a size 34" waist pants and his disability is 10% on his right knee. It's part of his warped sense of humor. Like when I asked about his Purple Hearts. He said he was awarded for not moving out of the way of the bullets fast enough. If the local paper hadn't run an article on the area vets for Veteran's Day a few years back I wouldn't have known half of what he did in the Army.

billf
11-17-2012, 11:00 PM
^^^keep family life in the family. Don't make me regret suggesting this site to you.

AZBowla
11-17-2012, 11:03 PM
Ah, so basically this guy was just a jerkwad then. It's always nice to beat the loudmouthed jerks, so good for you and good for your dad for keeping his cool.

kmf
11-17-2012, 11:21 PM
Everytime he bowls people complain about this guy's behavior. He usually screams at his wife and calls her names but that was stopped last year. Earlier this month he shot a 121 and was yelling at his team for them not hitting the pocket or head pin. How can anyone compalin like that when they can't do it either?

AZBowla
11-18-2012, 11:44 AM
Everytime he bowls people complain about this guy's behavior. He usually screams at his wife and calls her names but that was stopped last year. Earlier this month he shot a 121 and was yelling at his team for them not hitting the pocket or head pin. How can anyone compalin like that when they can't do it either?

Well, I'm a firm believer in Karma so I'm sure this guy will get what's coming to him someday. It's nice to be a fly on the wall when Karma catches up to people like this guy.

xthe_charismatic_enigmax
11-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Yeah, the guy you're talking about needs to chill. Over the Summer I was in a league on Thursday nights and this guy had a bad game, and I literally saw him chuck a ball from the ball return and hit a table (which holds the house bowling balls on the side facing the lanes) and the ball racks underneath the table. A week later, a guy on the same team, punched a hole in a ball return. Needless to say, I haven't seen either of those individuals in the house after the league ended.

AZBowla's Girl
11-18-2012, 12:13 PM
Yes Karma does catch up with people when they least expect it too I have seen some of Karma's affects on people. It is not pretty.

I can understand why you are so proud of your dad and all that he has done, but I also understand why it is also family business and he probably doesn't want everyone to know as well.

MisterSinister
11-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Around here, you can't smoke in bowling alleys. What bothers me is when im hot, and in between games the opposing team takes a 20 minute smoke break outside. I considered getting a lane on the other side of the alley, so I can try to stay loose.

AZBowla
11-18-2012, 02:16 PM
Around here, you can't smoke in bowling alleys. What bothers me is when im hot, and in between games the opposing team takes a 20 minute smoke break outside. I considered getting a lane on the other side of the alley, so I can try to stay loose.

Follow 'em outside and use the opportunity to talk to 'em. Say stuff like "man, you guys are on fire tonight, I wish I could bowl like that, how do you do it? Man we're gonna have to step up our game to keep up with you guys," etc. Get them all cocky and overconfident and then destroy 'em in the next game. :D

billf
11-18-2012, 07:43 PM

I agree with you. This was different as this dude even complained about the 30 seconds it took for the secretary to hand one of the guys his 50-50 tickets. He complains every week about everything, lanes, the carpet, the music, even how his team couldn't hit the head pin. This was after he bowled a 121 anchor score. He is just mad at the world and takes it out on everybody. My wife has a theory that may be correct. She said "look at how he walks, like my brother does. I bet when he comes out of the closet he will chill out and treat life better." I about wet my pants laughing so hard but then I watched a saw just what she meant.