PDA

View Full Version : PBA Introduces Gemini as its Official Jersey

onefrombills
10-09-2008, 03:36 PM
Gemini will create custom jerseys for several players on the Tour, including Chris Barnes

SEATTLE (October 9, 2008) — Gemini Sport Marketing, a leading designer and manufacturer of custom performance apparel, and the PBA announced today that Gemini will be the official jersey of the 2008-09 Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour.

Gemini was the key driver behind the evolution of the customized tournament jerseys that are now ubiquitous on the major fishing circuits. G2 jerseys now dominate the sport and have become must-have accessories for weekend and casual anglers alike.

“The PBA Tour will have a fresh overall look heading into the 50th Anniversary season due largely to these great jerseys, said PBA Vice-President and COO Tom Clark. “The PBA’s sponsors and the players’ sponsors will also benefit from this relationship with cleaner logo images and greater exposure.”

“We’ve done our research, and we’re convinced that the timing is right for all involved,” said Marty Glorvigen, Gemini’s CEO and co-owner. “We believe tour pros and their sponsors will welcome the creativity and fashionable designs we can offer. And as we saw in the fishing industry, we think casual bowlers will quickly embrace the enhanced look as well.”

Chris Barnes, 2007-08 PBA Player of the Year, was selected by Gemini as the face of its new campaign to reach the bowling market. Barnes will unveil his dynamic new jersey at the PBA World Championship in Wichita, Kansas, October 19-26.

Barnes will be featured in Gemini’s print and online advertising and make appearances for the brand at key events and trade shows.

“I’m honored that Gemini picked me to represent their brand to the bowling market,” said

Barnes. “I’ve always felt that our sport deserved a more contemporary and stylish look, and there’s no doubt that Gemini’s designs are exactly what the doctor ordered. I know my sponsors are excited about it as well.”

Images of the Barnes jerseys, and other custom designs, are available online at

www.geminisportmarketing.com.

About the PBA

The Professional Bowlers Association (PBA) features the best bowlers in the world competing in National, Regional and Senior Tour events. The organization has more than 4,000 members spanning 13 countries, and nearly one million viewers tune-in to watch the Lumber Liquidators PBA Tour every Sunday on ESPN throughout the season. PBA sponsors include Bayer, Brunswick, CLR, Denny's, Etonic, Flomax, GEICO, Go RVing, H&R Block, Lumber Liquidators, Motel 6, Pepsi-Cola and the USBC, among others. For more information on the PBA, log on to www.pba.com.

About Gemini Sport Marketing

G2 is the industry leader in professional customized fishing shirts/jerseys, and is proud to be the official jersey of the PBA Tour. From top-of-the-line professionally embroidered tournament shirts to the hot new G2 XDS Series dye sublimated tournament jerseys, we make the process as simple as possible to get the best results for bowlers and their sponsors. Whether you’re an elite touring professional, a competitive league bowler, or a corporate sponsor that supports them, G2 has you covered for your tournament jersey needs. Visit us today at www.geminisportmarketing.com.