PDA

View Full Version : What's your very first memory of going bowling as a kid?

comfortably numb
05-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Do you remember your first time? How old were you? What city and Lanes was it in? Anything funny or memorable happen while you were there? Is that where you still bowl today?

J Anderson
05-21-2011, 02:53 PM
I remember going with the rest of my family to watch my dad bowl in league when I was about ten years old. His team didn't do that well.

When I was 16 I got to join the team when one of the bowlers had to miss 6 or 8 weeks of bowling. When he returned to the team I was allowed to keep bowling with them as the sixth man on the roster. Low man would sit out he next game but we made sure every one got to bowl at least two of the three games. This was at Broad River lanes in Norwalk CT. Alas, the center closed in 1988. The League is still going, bowling at Nutmeg Bowl in Fairfield CT.

Drano
05-21-2011, 05:47 PM
I was invited to a birthday party in kindergarten to the bowling alley. I think I bowled a 0 with bumpers, because I fouled every single shot and wasn't smart enough to take one or two less steps. I don't remember even paying attention to the score, I just remember fouling every shot..

kev3inp
05-22-2011, 03:41 PM
I've been bowling almost as long as I can remember. No bumpers back then, though. I think I got my own ball around 10. My dad was an avid bowler and my cousin's grandfather owned a bowling alley in Twin Lakes, WI. We spent a lot of time up there in the summer.

The Mayor
05-23-2011, 08:47 AM
I remember bowling on lanes 31-32 (the end pair) at Sunshine Lanes in DeLand, FL. I come from a family of bowlers so I was in a bowling alley for as long as I can remember. I was 2 or 3 at this time though. I remember it vividly (which is crazy). I didn't really start bowling until I was about 10 though.

jaydee
05-24-2011, 11:26 AM
I know it wasn't my first time, but the farthest back I can remember was going with my cousins (we were all under 10 yo I'm sure, I was probably 5 or 6). Our goal was to see how many times we could get the ball to bounce back and forth on those big blue inflatable bumpers going down the lane.

Trex
07-26-2011, 01:06 AM
The first time, all I remember was throwing a house ball down the lane, that's about it.