PDA

View Full Version : MOTIV QZ2 Backdraft

Superman
06-01-2011, 04:36 PM
The NEW QZ2 Backdraft from MOTIV features the same core as used in the previous QZ ball releases. The difference between this and the original QZ2 is the coverstock. The backdraft uses a hybrid version of the coverstock which will provide bowlers with more friction causing a stronger reaction off the break point. I chose to drill my Backdraft with a 55x3 7/8x65 layout. This places the pin 1/4" below my ring finger (right hand) and places the cg about an 1" above my thumb kicked out 1/2".

I conducted some practice on the Team USA Stockholm pattern (34 ft) and found the ball was smooth through the heads with a strong continuous move down lane. The layout mixed with the hybrid cover allowed for a smooth but strong read of the break point without any over/under type reaction. As the pattern transitioned, I moved left with the target and was able to maintain the same shape and angle into the pocket. As compared to the blue/black QZ2, which tended to be a bit more angular for me off the hook spot. I have kept both at OOB surface for this session.

David Schroeder
MOTIV Staff
Turbo Staff