PDA

View Full Version : Motiv QZ2 Backdraft Review

Mappa
06-12-2011, 02:13 AM
The QZ2 Quadfire Backdraft is a fantastic ball for Medium Oily to Medium Dry lanes. The real star of the show is the Hybrid Coverstock. I find that it picks up very well in the mid-lane, and makes a strong, confident move on the backend, without overreacting to the dry. I typically pull this ball out of my bag on league night in the 2nd game, just after the lanes have broken down just a little bit. I can carry consistently from the deeper inside angles, without the ball being too skid-flippy.

I find that the ball is also very effective on medium Sport patterns such as the Chameleon. When other balls “float” a bit in the mid-lane, the box finish the QZ2 Backdraft gets through the heads, and gets just the right amount of traction where I need it. Because of that, I feel confident that I can get really aggressive with my ball speed when I need to. Similar equipment I’ve used in the past would have a tendency to blow right through the breakpoint on sport patterns when I got too aggressive. If I need a ball to fully take advantage of a pattern opening up, this is the one I most often choose.

The QZ2 Backdraft is a very versatile ball, at a great price. If I were allowed to use only one ball in a tournament/league situation, I’d be hard pressed to find a better ball to bring with me.

--Kevin Gallagher—
PBA Member
New Motiv Staff Member

etMOTIV8
06-17-2011, 03:59 PM
About myself:

Right handed

Weight- 15 pounds

Ball speed = 16

Rev Rate = 320

PAP = 4 7/8, 1/8 up

The Ball: Motiv QZ2 Backdraft

Ball Specs = 15# 2.55 RG .043 Diff

Layout = 55x5x60

Axis Migration with layout = 3 inches

Surface = 4000 Abralon and polished

Well first off, this ball is one of the prettiest balls MOTIV has come out with, it brings the attention to the eye and is very presentable for many customers by just having it on display. This Hybrid cover makes for a clean and predictable reaction with a very versatile surface options. Although clean through the front, very strong back end ball. This is very much a benchmark ball for any user, and when complimenting other balls, fits in nicely with any arsenal. I have an SR2 drilled similar, and is a very mid lane rolling ball, The Quadfire fits right in next in line when the SR2 is a little too early for what I am trying to accomplish on the lanes. This is for sure one of the favorites of mine, lots of hitting power and not much quit in it, all fight, can't beat that in a bowling ball. I have used this ball playing up the lane and going around them as well, and either option is acceptable, with great results. The MOTIV buzz and excitement is bigger than ever! And will only get stronger, with makes like this ball and all the other great bowling balls MOTIV has to offer, it is a true no brainer. Being a staff member of MOTIV is a new and exciting experience, the QZ2 Quadfire Backdraft makes me want to just go out and bowl just because of how good these balls roll, this one is a true winner, get your hands on one and I promise you will not have a single complaint.

All in all, if you’re looking for that great medium oil ball to start with, the QZ2 Backdraft is the perfect answer!

Elliot

MOTIV Staff Member In the South